Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2009, 11:09 PM   #11 
dr2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauriel View Post
*Smacks forehead*
I feel, that as a PetSmart associate, it is my duty to formally apologize for all the stupidity of PetSmart associates everywhere. I'm actually kind of ashamed that this happened.

Although, she could have been new, which would have explained her lack of knowledge. However, it wouldn't explain the lack of a more knowledgeable associate to help her out.

And, it may have been an honest mistake. I know at my store, we call them otos. But perhaps at other stores that is not the common vernacular (though not knowing that bettas and otos can be put together suggests just plain ignorance).

I promise, really and truly, that there are PetSmarts out there that have knowledgeable associates. I work at a store where that's the case.
She could have been new, that is very true. I know today when I went in the guy was very nice and was very sincere about picking me an oto that was in good condition (one of the Thursday ones had a disease or something...I didn't see it due to the double bagging method she used as it distorted the vision of the otos). I found out after I drove 20 minutes home...it lasted less than 24 hours. However, I had to show him where to find the otos :) He was looking at all the tanks so eagerly - and I said they are actually right over here... and he was like "oh good, I'm glad you know - because I really don't know. You know more than me at that."

So maybe they did go on a hiring spree and get some new people. Still, she was alone - not a soul around her. I've found that I've had a lot of bad experiences with the fish department at my Petsmart. They have told me to do things in the past that I have regretted later.

I do appreciate you apologizing - but I know you can't help how your company is. It is all about the money and making a profit. I honestly feel that many pet stores don't care how educated their employees are (sadly enough).
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:13 PM   #12 
MrVampire181

I was at Walmart (before I converted them, and before I was breeding) and there was this dude. So I went their minding my own buisness lookin at the goldfish and he says "If you want one you should put them in a bowl you know 5 or 6 of them." So I look at him like Dude WTH.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 08-29-2009 at 11:52 PM.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:22 PM   #13 
Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
I was at Walmart (before I converted them, and before I was breeding) and there was this dude. So I went their minding my own buisness lookin at the goldfish and he says "If you want one you should put them in a bowl you know 5 or 6 of them." So I look at him like Dude WTF.
That reminds me of a Walmart incident that happened quite a while back.

I was in the fish section, and a man goes to the employee and says that his Betta refuses to eat its Betta pellets, and he feeds it goldfish flakes instead. He was wondering if that would be okay for the Betta.

The guy working there said something along the lines of, "Of course, it's a fish. Their food must be the same."
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:13 AM   #14 
doggyhog

Eek! Scary that some people don't know about fish, when they work in a FISH store. :(

I was at petco a few days ago, and one of the employees was cleaning out a tank, he stirred all the gravel up, and you couldn't see the back of the tank. It was DISGUSTING! I walked past and was like and he just smiled.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

Eeeuuww! All that nasty stuff getting stirred around!!! Poor fish!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote