Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #61 
5green

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaMandy View Post
To continue the original subject of this thread... I has a story that happened to me a few days ago :O

): Urgh, I went to this pet store that had a ton of bettas in tiny cups, and I was looking(/studying them and diagnosing any of them with illnesses to the associate working in the fish department xD; It was cool that he listened to me without being snobby about it) and this lady behind me (who I might add was listening to me ramble about betta fish) said to her boyfriend "Jeez, some people think it's SOOO cruel to have them in such a small container when they can live in puddles. They're SOO stupid."

I got so angry I almost spun around to yell at her that she was a stupid biatch. B| lol
hahaha and i used to be that person that thought they lived in tiny puddles wow i have come a long way from then
5green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:32 AM   #62 
Shawtee

I know someone who use to live in malayia and traveeled through india, people use to keep them in jam jars and the person claims that it wasnt rare to find them in puddles but i think it is important to remeber that out there it is A) a differnt climated and B) man didnt put each betta in each puddle it happened as part of a flood.

If you insist on putting it in a vase get a vase which is at least 2 gallons (it really isnt that hard to find) and put a friggin heater in! purchasing your pet you become the owner, the reason animals are pets is because we have to control and look after them, it's the same for every pet.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 08-17-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Shawtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:33 AM   #63 
Shawtee

p.s i learnt this from experince, within three days of having my betta in a hjar, his colours started to fade, so i plopped him in my 30L and he's happy as can be :D x
Shawtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:14 PM   #64 
loppy656

i have my fish in a small tank thats only a fue learters big and dosent have filter exc. and he is happy as can be! he hase had no desises at all and has been a live for almost fore months now! he is also my first fish. I just added a bambo plant to his tank and he loves it! he even sleaps behind it at night. He is sooo cute!
loppy656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:59 PM   #65 
5green

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by loppy656 View Post
i have my fish in a small tank thats only a fue learters big and dosent have filter exc. and he is happy as can be! he hase had no desises at all and has been a live for almost fore months now! he is also my first fish. I just added a bambo plant to his tank and he loves it! he even sleaps behind it at night. He is sooo cute!
a few liters its actually only one liter remember when you showed me a pict and i told you
5green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #66 
sumsum

how much is a liter?
sumsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #67 
kentynet

It is true that Bettas don't permanantly live in puddles and this would be very uncomfortable and miserable for them but there are times when rice paddy fields dry up, I belive I read somewhere that rice has to go through a "dry stage" which is when the rice it is mostly sown into the ground, so that would leave water very scarce and so the betta fish would be forced to live for a short period of time in very little water.
Living in "puddles" and very small amounts of water is a last resort for the animal though and isn't very pleasant for it and as keepers of animals we should do all in our power to make them as comfortable and well looked after as we can. I think a 1 gallon tank is the very least I'd provide a betta with although I'd probably opt for a 2 or 3 gallon.
(if I'm wrong about anything then please feel free to correct me)

A small amount of water in a paddy field, if you look closely you might spot a fish, not sure what type it is.
kentynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #68 
sumsum

sounds like you got everything right.=)
sumsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:28 PM   #69 
Leatree

I just recently bought a betta from Wal Mart :( Poor little guy was about the only one left and looked extremely unhappy. I got him and placed him in a tank that is less than a gallon but that is only because I got him from wal mart. I want to make sure he is healthy and not sick before I toss him in my 30 gallon tank. So far though he seems to be the happiest Betta I have ever seen.
I cant stand seeing the bettas let alone any fish in the cups. There just isnt enough room for them to do anything besides pretty much float around. If I had the money let alone the time I would get a few more tanks with a betta for each.
Leatree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:08 PM   #70 
liannagreyson

Very nice post with a ton of informative information. I really appreciate the fact that you approach these topics from a stand point of knowledge and information
instead of the typical “I think” mentality that you see so much on the internet these days.
liannagreyson is offline   Reply With Quote