Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #5051 
FishyFishy89

Don't worry about the flaring too much. It's a good activity for them and soon they'll get over their reflection.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:27 PM   #5052 
Nuij

Quote:
Cool pic, the eye did catch me off guard though.
Yeah, was part of what caught my eye when I found the poor little guy in walmart... I felt so bad for him! Had to take him home and get him out of that nasty cup.
Nuij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #5053 
carlos puron

I have seen my betta flaring at no reflection just moving and flaring aroud the bottom of the tank I don't know why but he does it at night only is that bad?
carlos puron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:57 AM   #5054 
Taeanna
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos puron View Post
I have seen my betta flaring at no reflection just moving and flaring aroud the bottom of the tank I don't know why but he does it at night only is that bad?
If there is more light inside his tank than outside (say from a heater or his aquarium lights) it turns the glass into a natural mirror.

Likely hes simply telling the other nocturnal fish to back off.
Taeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:16 AM   #5055 
carlos puron

Aaa ok and that should be cause Is when I'm watcHing tv hey can you help me with this

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=202513
carlos puron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #5056 
Sweetea

This was my first betta...I really miss him. I got him from a LFS, it was either him or a butterfly HM. I was so happy that I picked him though, he ended up looking like a totally different betta! Unfortunately I wasn't as knowledgeable back then...he got SBD and it pretty bad, despite the pea treatment. A few other issues appeared because of that. Hopefully I won't mess up again with my new boys. :/
First week or so:

Several weeks/one month:

Ta-da! When I first saw his tail like that I freaked out because I thought it was fin rot...turns out he was a little tail biter.

I received this boy from a high school teacher. She kept him and another in those small small bowls...the other one didn't make it. At the end of the school year she asked my friend to take him in. She did but I ended up with him. :3 He came with me to my college dorm during freshman year but didn't stick around for long...I should have kept him at home. :/

My current bettas:
He is my first of my three new bettas. Got him from PetCo, he's a delta..a tail-biting one. I: My boyfriend and I picked him because he had a really bad case of eye cloud, he couldn't see at all!
First day:

Today:

This is my third guy, a dragonscale plakat. He was very shy the first week, he'd hide from noises/movement, and wouldn't approach my finger. Now he's always at the front, wanting attention and doesn't even go in his decoration. o_o He recently got into a tussle with my HM though, the divider tilted. I found them hiding together in a cave...my HM was untouched but he had a ripped tail, and a few damaged scales. :/

Hopefully I'll have close ups of my HM (second betta). He zips around a lot, and my current photos all have a reflection of the camera lens. .__.
Sweetea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #5057 
Fenghuang

Terrible phone picture, but I'm too lazy to clean the algae off the glass at the moment and the water's cloudy from a water change.

For a non-EE, Barti has some fairly large pectoral fins.

Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:00 AM   #5058 
RabidAliver

This is my newest boy, Problem! :D I saw him at petsmart and even with a small chunk of his tail missing, he was too gorgeous to pass up. I love how he fades from green to blue to red with his tail colors, sadly it's not so easy to see in this picture, if I'd have caught him flaring it probably would be more visable.
RabidAliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:34 AM   #5059 
Graceful

Milo enjoying the new grass.

BEWARE!! He will attack your finger if you poke it in the water!
Graceful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #5060 
madmonahan

My crown-tail Destin. :D
Attached Images

madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arteries;), betta pics!, glory werz here!:b, wonderful bettas