Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #1 
CrazyFishDude

Creepypasta Therapy

So despite being the biggest wuss when it comes to anything scary, I like reading creepypastas. Mainly because they're usually so bad they're amusing, but occasionally there are ones I legitimately like.

My only problem: Like I said, I'm a wimp. Especially at night. I can read as many creepypastas as I want during broad daylight, with all of the lights on in the room. But that night, I am convinced that somehow, I am going to die. Like last night, I made the mistake of watching Haunted Gaming (gaming creepypasta reviews on YouTube) where Mutahar (the host) played Version 5 of Sonic.exe. That last picture of the demented Sonic delayed my sleep about 2-3 hours....

So does anyone else like creepypastas? Whether because they're just so bad they're good, or because they're legimately scary? Just curious, and also some therapy on my creepypasta problem would be appreciated.
CrazyFishDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:10 PM   #2 
Mankey

Yeah, I really enjoy reading creepypasta. I just don't like going out looking for it, because I'm also a wuss that would have his sleep affected by reading one that's too well done.
Mankey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:04 AM   #3 
CrazyFishDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankey View Post
Yeah, I really enjoy reading creepypasta. I just don't like going out looking for it, because I'm also a wuss that would have his sleep affected by reading one that's too well done.
I guess same here. It's typically the ones that are more realistic and there are people trying to prove the story that scare me more.

I actually have a little gaming series on my YouTube channel, and this weekend I have to play a creepypasta game in the dark, at night, with no lights on, and film my reaction with a friend also playing (and this person is scared of NOTHING). I'm not looking forward to it.
CrazyFishDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #4 
thekinetic

They're fun! And yes I am one of those guys that is scared of nothing. I've experienced a ton of scary stuff in my time, I could tell you stories but I fear it would scar you for life.

But if it some comfort physical things can be fought off and paranormal things cannot harm those with a strong will. When faced with fear keep your wits about and you will be fine.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:02 AM   #5 
ShadyLex

I like reading up on creepypastas but I'm the biggest wuss to reading them. Day/Night I'm scared of the paranormal. Things like Ghost Adventures, Lost Tapes, and Creepypasta have indeed messed up my sleep schedule. Not too badly though, I just sleep with my back against a wall and extra sensitive to sound.

Recently I started watching Marble Hornets and it scares me to death but I keep watching it for some reason. Usually I hold onto something (ex: extra pillow) while sleeping with a back against a wall (if bed is flush to wall). The feeling of being surrounded by things I understand comforts me quite a bit actually. At least for me, I don't like having my back side exposed and it bothers me when I don't feel a constant pressure back there so that's my treatment for nightly terrors.
ShadyLex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #6 
thekinetic

Lol shadylex, I get the same comfort from holding things when I sleep. :)

If it might make yall feel better here's a bit of magick for you. Create a ward, a small statue imbued with your energy that is tasked with guarding you from evil while you slumber. I won't go into details but that should give those interested something to research.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:56 AM   #7 
BittyB

Never heard of it, now you got me to go look. Love ghost stories and such.

I've had some very weird things that's happened to me, some definitely will give you major creeps.
BittyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:22 AM   #8 
Taeanna
Reference Team

If i was to add a suggestion in addition to your reading it would be this website.
http://www.scp-wiki.net/

The SCP foundation is a creative writing site that is based around the idea of a super secret organization that keeps paranormal and dangerous things contained so it doesn't hurt or creep out people.

Some will scare you, some will make you laugh, some are just plain odd. I have wasted so many hours on this site....and so have many others! games, fanart, fanfiction and more have hit the internet.
Taeanna is offline   Reply With Quote