Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2009, 11:02 AM   #11 
neenjar

You can give up to 5 dips a day. 2 days between is not needed at all. The sicker the fish the more frequent I dip. I would do at least 2 a day for those wounds, and keep the tank water clean. daily or every other day water changes. I would do daily 50% and once a week 100%.
neenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:15 AM   #12 
Lightbluefaith

UPDATE: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1ops44&s=3

I have performed two salt dips two days apart, and i am continuing the bettafix medication. Some days she seemed worse others she seemed to be recovering. The flap of loose skin has broken off little by litte, and the wound underneigth has a thin layer of skin covering it, i really hope none of her organs are damaged. The location of the wound seems to have missed anything vital seeing as she has survived almost two weeks now. At least, i hope that is the case. If anyone can tell me what signs to look for in a recovering betta that would be very helpful!
Lightbluefaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:27 AM   #13 
Lightbluefaith

AH! Didn't see your post. I was worried too many would be stressful but i think i will make them more frequent due to the fact that she doesnt freak out at all when i dip her, i'm told they are supposed to freak a bit. :/

But, if i do two a day doesnt that mean im changing the water too frequently? I thought i am supposed to use half of her current water, because she is used to it, mixed with the salt. (1tbs per gal disolved) She is in a 2qt container so 1/2 tbs.

And if she isnt reacting is it safe to increase the salt in the next dip?
Old 08-31-2009, 10:50 PM   #14 
Lightbluefaith

This same fish is doing so much better! Her wound is all healed up, theres a dip but no pink or red spots. She eats, she's lively, she swims into a postion to catch food when she sees me walk by! :) I tested her water and the ph, hardness, alkalinity, nitrate, nitrite are all perfect! The only thing is she can't swim in one place for very long, she's not lethargic though, what she does is she balances herself on decorations and then aims for where she wants to go and uses a quick flick of her tail! I've never seen a fish get around so well- I'm not sure what i did right but it looks like the suffering is over. Thank you for all the kind and informative responses! <3
Old 08-31-2009, 10:58 PM   #15 
5green

i hope it works too
5green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:15 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so glad to hear that she is recovering and doing well!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
female betta, injury, open wound, salt, sick