Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #1 
Reyne

Smile Hello I'm new to the forum (but not Betta Fish)...

I was doing research on the signs of female and male being ready to breed. I have all the supplies except for the food for the fry but will get that soon....

And my question is I haven't seen betta fish do this before but my female betta has been doing this weird wiggling dance. she goes head first on the bottom of her tank and just wiggles. It's cute but I noticed on some breeding sites that they said it's a sign. I also notice the white spec between her fins on the bottom of her belly and they said when it's noticeable it's also a sign. I just got her 3 days ago and she's divided from my male betta fish (who i've had for 2 months now and has made a huge bubble nest)

I know the obvious sign that the female betta fish is ready to mate is the vertical lines on her belly and she has to be "plump" but those are the signs she hasn't shown. She's also a bright red so I wanted to know if the lines will be visible clearly? Also, I know it's a trial and error so if the female doesn't show interest it won't work out but how long does it take until the vertical lines show? So if my Kagura(female betta name) doesn't show the vertical lines in a certain period of time it just means she won't breed and I want to know if they don't show up at a certain amount of time I should just forget about the idea of her breeding with my male betta fish(his name is Toshi).
I hope someone can help me~
Reyne is offline   Reply With Quote