Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #21 
Phatz

I have 1 Platy I am slowly building and adding to my tank but I cant figure out if it is a male or female (check profile pic) im leaning towards male bc of how colorful but am still unsure. These are by far one of the most laid back calm fish they usually swim slow but they are lightning quick when they want to be.
Phatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #22 
Janan

I have a red male and two yellow females. The red one chases the smaller yellow relentlessly. She hides in every place she can find and has made friends with Blessing, the female Betta. Blessing will chase the male away, so little yellow stays close to her.

I plan to move the plates out when I get my sorority going. I guess three plates is too much to add to my four gallon where I have Miracle?
Janan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #23 
Tabby216

I have two platies both males the sunburst one chases the mickey mouse platy but he has learned to avoid him better. Only once had i had to quarantine him due to a head injury. I don't have a female because I don't want anymore baby fry lol
Tabby216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #24 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janan View Post
I plan to move the plates out when I get my sorority going. I guess three plates is too much to add to my four gallon where I have Miracle?
Unfortunately yes, they are poop-machines so you'd have to clean it out literally every other day :/
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #25 
Janan

Then out the little poopers go. lol
Old 06-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #26 
crowntaillove3

My platies are insane poopers. When I first got them, after feeding them they looked like they were all pregnant. The next day, they looked normal again. They've stopped doing this, though XD
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #27 
Janan

I noticed yesterday there were two teensy tiny platy fry hiding in the plants. Blessing is doing her best to gobble them up, so no telling how many she has successfully digested.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #28 
crowntaillove3

Problem: one of my platies has no tail. I can see little rips and nicks taken out of the remnants of her tail. I have one dwarf gourami, two other platies, two female guppies, and five long fin red minor tetras. I think it is the tetras... I want to put her into a hospital tank. Should I?
Old 07-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #29 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I think you should, that's dangerous to not treat a torn fin like that. The closer to the body, the easier it is for fin rot to set in and start eating at the body. So QT her and get her fixed up with some Stress Coat, you can use .5 teaspoon of AQ salt (dissolved first) as a preventative measure for 5-7 days. Change her water every day, add the salt in and use the double dose of Stress Coat and it should start healing very soon! But keep her in the QT until it grows back more or less all of it. Use the salt just for up to 7 day's since it's not fin rot yet, just a preventative. Then just water change everyday until she heals.

My bet is on the tetras as well
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #30 
crowntaillove3

Thanks so much! I'll get her in there right away.