Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-01-2009, 05:53 PM   #11 
doggyhog

Pictures pleaseeee! :)))

Yep! I love those plant packs! :)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:34 PM   #12 
Vikki81207

Aww yay congrats!! I can't wait for pics
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #13 
Kim

Pics to come tomorrow as I really don't think I'll be able to get her now...it's dark and my camera skills aren't the best. Plus I need a new light for the tank.

The good news is that she is settling in great! I bleached the tank, rinsed, rinsed, rinsed......etc, set up the filter and heater and put her in. Didn't get to go to walmart because it was too late, but I'll go tomorrow after school. The filter is silent!! Yay because it's in my bedroom :) I love that thing now, it's the whisper in tank filter but I modified it by putting nylon over the intake and added a baffle so now it's perfect. I still need to add the filter sponge but I'm waiting for the tank to warm up a little so I don't kill all my bacteria- it's about 74 now which is room temp.

The only bad news is that the heater isn't that great and I'll probably have to replace it. It's tiny and doesn't have a thermostat so I don't trust it at all. We'll see how it works tonight, but I'll definitely want to replace it before I set up the tank permanently.

I'm totally in love with her though :) She is TINY- probably less than and inch, and spunky and cute! I think she's going to get lost in that 5 gal, she's seriously so small! She flared at me a few times and now she's just exploring and probably settling in for bed since I turned the lights out. Well, I'll stop rambling...she's just sooooo cute!
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

Thanks, Kim. I guess it sounded like it was a recent loss. He died in 1990.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:22 PM   #15 
5green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
Pics to come tomorrow as I really don't think I'll be able to get her now...it's dark and my camera skills aren't the best. Plus I need a new light for the tank.

The good news is that she is settling in great! I bleached the tank, rinsed, rinsed, rinsed......etc, set up the filter and heater and put her in. Didn't get to go to walmart because it was too late, but I'll go tomorrow after school. The filter is silent!! Yay because it's in my bedroom :) I love that thing now, it's the whisper in tank filter but I modified it by putting nylon over the intake and added a baffle so now it's perfect. I still need to add the filter sponge but I'm waiting for the tank to warm up a little so I don't kill all my bacteria- it's about 74 now which is room temp.

The only bad news is that the heater isn't that great and I'll probably have to replace it. It's tiny and doesn't have a thermostat so I don't trust it at all. We'll see how it works tonight, but I'll definitely want to replace it before I set up the tank permanently.

I'm totally in love with her though :) She is TINY- probably less than and inch, and spunky and cute! I think she's going to get lost in that 5 gal, she's seriously so small! She flared at me a few times and now she's just exploring and probably settling in for bed since I turned the lights out. Well, I'll stop rambling...she's just sooooo cute!
cant wait 4 the picts
5green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #16 
AlexXx

wish my g/f would get as addicted as me haha.
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:14 PM   #17 
Kim

Well now she has a heater (I used my undersized one from my 15 gal and am going to get another one for that tank in a few minutes) and her water is a nice 80 F ;) When the light turned on she flared at it hehe! I still need plants which I hope to get tonight, but if not I'll just walk over to walmart after I go to the gym tomorrow after school. What's nice is that it's all in walking distance- or running distance because I'm impatient :P I'm hoping to get a light as well and post pics in a few hours.

I'll tell you she was NOT happy when I put her back in the cup while I changed the water in the tank! I think I let a little too much old cup water in and when I checked the ammonia today it looked like it might be between 0 and 0.25...more toward 0 but I couldn't really tell and it changed based on the light so I just did a full water change (yes, I'm totally OCD) and also put my filter pad in so now the tank should be cycled. Oh how I love having low bioload tanks and plenty of old filter pads :) She was MAD though! Poor little thing probably thought she'd be staying in there again and she was pacing and pushing her tiny little nose against the side!

Now everything's fine though...the only thing is those inflammed gills which you'll see in the pics. Unfortunately she may have the red color forever because even after 6 months Edelweiss' gills are still a little red colored and she came the same way as this girl. Stupid pet stores...I don't know how I'll resist taking the others home when I go to pick up the heater....
Old 09-03-2009, 08:13 PM   #18 
Kim

Pics posted in the pictures section :)