Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-01-2009, 04:24 AM   #1 
darni

Question am i doing it right??? help

just wondering if im doing this right? i have had a lot of success with my live bearers (it not hard to tho) and my livebearer tank is swarming with fry...i have invested in some gorgeous fighters,two male and three female...i have them seperated and fed them up for a week and a bit.
today i have put 'blue' my big biggest male into a breeding tank,i have the temp at 36, plastic plants in one corner and some nice fluffy plants in the other,i have a circle of bubblewrap floating on the surface which blue has started a little bubble nest already.
i then added my red female who striped up the second she saw him and put her under a glass cup in the tank with air at the top,blue is now busy displaying to her then going back to build the nest and she gets all exited when he comes over.....when do i let her out and have i done this right??
darni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:02 AM   #2 
darni

Quote:
Originally Posted by darni View Post
just wondering if im doing this right? i have had a lot of success with my live bearers (it not hard to tho) and my livebearer tank is swarming with fry...i have invested in some gorgeous fighters,two male and three female...i have them seperated and fed them up for a week and a bit.
today i have put 'blue' my big biggest male into a breeding tank,i have the temp at 36, plastic plants in one corner and some nice fluffy plants in the other,i have a circle of bubblewrap floating on the surface which blue has started a little bubble nest already.
i then added my red female who striped up the second she saw him and put her under a glass cup in the tank with air at the top,blue is now busy displaying to her then going back to build the nest and she gets all exited when he comes over.....when do i let her out and have i done this right??
i forgot to say,i had a air filter for this tank as i use it for my platy and guppys when they are almost due but have turned it off for the bettas
i really hope it works with these two....ember is a lovely vibrant red and blue is blue/purple....should make pretty babies :)
Old 09-01-2009, 08:03 AM   #3 
doggyhog

Sounds like you've done your research. I hope you have. :)

Yeah, bettas are a LOT harder to breed then Live-bearers. Please ask more questions if you need to.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:05 AM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good luck withh the spawning and welcome to FishForum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #5 
darni

thanks...yes i have done alot of research....mostly over the net but have asked some breeders too.
i let ember out with blue thismorning,he built a lovely bubblenest overnight in the bubblewrap circle i put there for him,he keeps displaying at her then going back to the bubble nest ect but nothing has happened yet,not too sure that she is that interested??
got some micro worms comming just in case i get babys :) fingers crossed.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:54 PM   #6 
darni

?? the bubble nest is built...he is displaying,she is fat with eggs...you can actually see them through her stomach,she is showing some interest but not much,the water temp is good... yet nothing???? how long should i leave themfor? i dont want to disturb them but i also dont want the eggs to go to waste? i have dragon my red male if nothing happens with blue should i try dragon??
Old 09-02-2009, 12:14 AM   #7 
darni

success!!!!! ember has finally decided she likkes blue now :) lots of squeezing and circling goin on,cant see any eggs but hope that means they are just too small lol,blue keeps enlarging the bubble nest between squeezes lol......cross you fingers and hope for fry!!!!!