Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #31 
4everaspirit

Still alive!! If she can last another 7 hours I can get her started on the Maracyn 2 treatment. It probably is too late, but I figured it's still better than just sitting back and watching her life drain while I do nothing. She has an amazing will to live, but I did give her a very good life after all =3
4everaspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #32 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everaspirit View Post
Still alive!! If she can last another 7 hours I can get her started on the Maracyn 2 treatment. It probably is too late, but I figured it's still better than just sitting back and watching her life drain while I do nothing. She has an amazing will to live, but I did give her a very good life after all =3
Yay! It takes a fighting spirit to fight off a disease. Don't give up hope for her yet. I had a horse given a 3% chance, yes 3% chance, of surviving a surgery. That was in 98, and he's still alive today. Actually, he's the horse in my avatar, and that picture was taken about two years after his surgery. Good luck.
NeptunesMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #33 
4everaspirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptunesMom View Post
Yay! It takes a fighting spirit to fight off a disease. Don't give up hope for her yet. I had a horse given a 3% chance, yes 3% chance, of surviving a surgery. That was in 98, and he's still alive today. Actually, he's the horse in my avatar, and that picture was taken about two years after his surgery. Good luck.

Aww, and he's a beautiful horse :)

Thanks for your encouragement. I do need it. She has another 5 hours to go before I can get to the petsmart. Hope she is doing okay.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #34 
4everaspirit

Unfortunately...she did not make it and was dead when I got home with the Maracyn 2. I am not terribly sad as I wouldn't have wanted her to suffer any longer either.

She got a serious eye infection over the period from when I left this morning, to now. *shudders* Thank you to all who gave me advice.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #35 
NeptunesMom

I'm sorry. . At least you tried really hard to help her. You can return your meds to PetSmart if needed. Or you could use it as an opportunity to start a stockpile for any future illnesses (if you plan on getting another fish).
NeptunesMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #36 
4everaspirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptunesMom View Post
You can return your meds to PetSmart if needed. Or you could use it as an opportunity to start a stockpile for any future illnesses (if you plan on getting another fish).
I didn't try hard enough, but I'm okay in knowing that at least I did try.

Yeah, I plan to keep them. I want to have another betta in the future so I'm sure they'd be good to just have on hand.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #37 
xxRho

*hugs*
I'm sorry to hear. Just because she passed doesn't mean you didn't try really hard...
xxRho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:48 AM   #38 
Tikibirds

:( I was hoping she was gonna make it.

I would hang on to any meds you have, that way you already have them when you get a new fishie
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #39 
ANHEL123

sorry for your loss:( You really did a good job trying to help her. I am sure she was happy for all that time that you had her. We love our bettas but unfortunately they get sick just like any human being, so i guess if we want to have them we need to realize it ,and try to help them the best we can . And not all the time we can save them, but at least they were loved and happy, which is more than they would get in the store.
I am glad you want to rescue another betta.
This is link about disinfection. What she had is contagious and you need to disinfect the tank and everything in the tank. This is the link with tips how to disinfect the tank

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?p=2036738
And i want to add something to the disinfection instructions. It good idea to let everything sit in the sun for a few days after disinfection to neutralize the bleach. Or just let it completely dry out for a few days.

And also if you don't have the filter in the tank you can just do 100% water changes. Just make sure you acclimate the betta to the new water.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote