Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #17351 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyFishDude View Post
(Wow I haven't been here in forever) My snail colony died off recently, so I cleaned out my tank and reassembled it, preparing the tank for some new fish (I'm debating with myself between triops and killifish). Well, my air pump comes CRASHING to the ground from my dresser where the tank is (which is well over 5 feet tall) and it slightly messed up the diaphragm, so the sound went from a nice white-noise type sound to a frickin dubstep song. I got it a little quieter though by continuing to mess with the pump and moving the airline closer to the surface of the water (it's just cycling so no fish are in it anyway), so this will have to work until I can get a new air pump...
mouse pad bro.
Mine was noisy as heck, but now is pretty quiet.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #17352 
SnowySurface
Member
 
SnowySurface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bay Shore, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
mouse pad bro.
Mine was noisy as heck, but now is pretty quiet.
I am going to try that for my own air pump the moment I get home. XD

Rant: One of my snails is either sick or likes playing dead. He/she (do snails even have gender?) hasn't been moving around much. I thought it was dead yesterday but when tried to take him out of the tank then he started moving a tiny bit. I looked at him again this morning and the little antenae things was moving, but the snail was in the same spot.

I have no idea if he's sick or lazy, but my other two snails are doing fine. 1 snail is in the other 5 gallon with Smokey and the other snail is in 8 gallon that I'm going to use as an ADF tank (eventually...). Those two are acting the way I expect snails to act. Now I'm going to have to read up on snails more to figure out what's going on with the third snail.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #17353 
SeaKnight
Member
 
SeaKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Don't get mad at me for getting mad, if you had done your "job" in the first place, then this wouldn't even be an issue!!!!!!!! I can't complete my tasks/chores/assignments until you complete your's!!!!!!!!!!! uggggggggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
SeaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #17354 
Hadoken Kitty
Member
 
Hadoken Kitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: U.S.
Boyfriend and I are moved into the townhouse with our roomates. Our room looks TRASHED, but he made sure to get the tv and games set up. He had four days off, but refused to help me set up out entertainment center nor my shelving unit for the fish. I can't have any of my animals over here until everything is set up. At the very least, I am PISSED.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #17355 
Tabby216
Member
 
Tabby216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
Boyfriend and I are moved into the townhouse with our roomates. Our room looks TRASHED, but he made sure to get the tv and games set up. He had four days off, but refused to help me set up out entertainment center nor my shelving unit for the fish. I can't have any of my animals over here until everything is set up. At the very least, I am PISSED.
Hopefully you will get this resolved. I kind of know how you feel, every time I go to my boyfriend's house nothing is done and I have to almost do everything on my own or fuss so much to get somewhere and he lives with three other people! I constantly feel tensed over there because there's so much that need to be fixed or done.
Tabby216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #17356 
Hadoken Kitty
Member
 
Hadoken Kitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabby216 View Post
Hopefully you will get this resolved. I kind of know how you feel, every time I go to my boyfriend's house nothing is done and I have to almost do everything on my own or fuss so much to get somewhere and he lives with three other people! I constantly feel tensed over there because there's so much that need to be fixed or done.
Week two down. He helped me with the top of the shelving unit. He STILL hasn't helped me with our room, so this process is small. He even had four days off AGAIN this week!!! I'm so close to crying since yesterday was my birthday, and I was hoping to have my animals here by then. My dog stayed the night, but now he has to go back since we can't afford the down payment on the townhouse yet. We live with three other guys which have all offered to help, except for my jerk boyfriend. One of the guys even sits in my room with me while I'm doing stuff, just to keep me company. More than I can say for my boyfriend right now. I'm just seeing so much red right now. We talked last night and I told him how mad/hurt I am about it....maybe it'll change...I'm tired of him saying "its all YOUR stuff." Uhmmm. Two things: 1.) Its OUR stuff. That entertainment center was purchased primarily for him. I can't get any of MY stuff in there until OUR clothes are hung up; etc. 2.) Even if it was just my stuff, a real man would want to help his woman and not make her do it all by herself. UGH. My blood is boiling over this.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #17357 
Vickytoria3112
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
I wanted to have a release of my own. Breeders are trying to convince me that animal cruelty is ok.

It started with culling Bettas and feeding them to Oscars because they weren't pretty enough.

Its crazy and I think breeders have the responsibility to not only find them good homes but to also make sure they educate the new adopters of the proper care of bettas. I'm not talking about sickly and extremely deformed bettas, I'm talking about the ones that have there fins or colorations that don't meet the breeders standards.

You can say I'm wrong because they said I'm wrong, but we can't "play god". If your breeding then you make sure all your healthy bettas find a good home. That's your responsibility because you spawned/bred them. The bettas didn't ask you to. You did it for your own pleasure, not there's. You know better. The bettas don't.

Let someone else love them even if you don't.

Whew...I feel a little better now.

Now I'm going to get ready to go watch , "The Man of Steel" with the kids.

Last edited by Vickytoria3112; 06-22-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Vickytoria3112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #17358 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
so....if the fish has developed a serious defect that may make his life miserable, you think that fish should be left alive?

Not sure what breeders you associate with, but the only breeders I know of only cull when the animal has develop serious issues and IF that appears more than a few in 1 breeding, they usually back track through their breedings and see where they went wrong in their genetics.

FYI: the world is already full of bettas, you simple cannot find a proper home for every single fish that is brought into this world. Many breeders I know are lucky if they sell their entire amount of spawns.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #17359 
Vickytoria3112
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
I'm not talking about sickly and deformed bettas. Please re-read my post. I'm taling about the fact that its a boy betta. The poster said the males would be heavily culled and fed to her oscar. That's what upset me. She will keep all the females is what she stated. So if the little guy isn't handsome enough he will be fish food. Even if he's healthy. Does that make sense?

If there is not enough homes then don't breed them. Same reason why we spay and neuter our dogs/cats.

Last edited by Vickytoria3112; 06-23-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Vickytoria3112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #17360 
Tabby216
Member
 
Tabby216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
Week two down. He helped me with the top of the shelving unit. He STILL hasn't helped me with our room, so this process is small. He even had four days off AGAIN this week!!! I'm so close to crying since yesterday was my birthday, and I was hoping to have my animals here by then. My dog stayed the night, but now he has to go back since we can't afford the down payment on the townhouse yet. We live with three other guys which have all offered to help, except for my jerk boyfriend. One of the guys even sits in my room with me while I'm doing stuff, just to keep me company. More than I can say for my boyfriend right now. I'm just seeing so much red right now. We talked last night and I told him how mad/hurt I am about it....maybe it'll change...I'm tired of him saying "its all YOUR stuff." Uhmmm. Two things: 1.) Its OUR stuff. That entertainment center was purchased primarily for him. I can't get any of MY stuff in there until OUR clothes are hung up; etc. 2.) Even if it was just my stuff, a real man would want to help his woman and not make her do it all by herself. UGH. My blood is boiling over this.
Have you tried telling him all that what you just said? It might help and if you want to work it out with your boyfriend try approaching the problem in a different way. If all fails you know you tried and hopefully learned from it.

Also keep in mind, if he isn't appreciating you enough to actually help you and be there for you he isn't for you. Even though my boyfriend is a lazy guy he at least bends over backwards for my needs. Him and I have been with each other for 5+ years so I know when a guy really cares. A guy who really loves someone will want to please that person.
Tabby216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bettathanyou

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rant! Alexanderismylife Betta Chat 7 07-01-2010 02:17 PM
Rant CodeRed The Lounge 15 06-15-2010 08:17 PM
OMG I can't take this anymore *A Rant* Zenandra The Lounge 4 06-11-2010 04:47 PM
Arg! (A rant) vaygirl The Lounge 7 06-09-2010 08:24 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.