Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #1 
jadaBlu

Do you mix fake plants with real plants?

All my sorority girls that are in quarantine have at least one fake plant if not two. I won't use them for other fish and I figure they will be attached to them. Some are silk some are plastic. Have you made your tank look good with both? Pictures if you have any!
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #2 
shellieca

I do have a mixture in my 46g, unfortunately I'm on my iPad & have no idea how to attach a pic from here or if its even possible. I think there's a pic in my albums

EDIT: that's an OLD pic & it looks different now, better now IMHO!
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #3 
jadaBlu

They look nice. I had a thought just now. Another advantage to having some fake plants with a sorority is that if I need to rearrange to introduce a new fish or due to territorial issues I can do that with them. Whereas the real ones will have to stay put.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #4 
shellieca

Not necessarily. I re-arrange my tank fairly frequently to the dismay of my CAE's. sometimes I move around the decorations only & sometimes I move my real plants as well, you just have to move some of them gently. I wish I could upload a recent pic from this iPad. I have different silk plants, that log has been replaced by another deco. I'll have to update when I get on an actual computer.
Posted via Mobile Device
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote