Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2013, 11:24 PM   #1 
Ezzie

How many girls in this tank?

I am picking up my new girl today and already have the FLUVAL EBI tank set up and cycled and i was curious as to how many females you could have inside the tank.

These are the dimentions:

7.9 gal (mine is likley more since i removed the 3D backing on the tank)
11.8" x 11.8" x 13.75" high (basically a cube)

If i can't have more then one female i'm going to go with cherry shrimp / neon tetras
Ezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:53 AM   #2 
Mar

Hmmm. It's risky. I'd recommend 4 females, and if you can, try to get sisters! If it doesn't work out, then make sure you have a backup plan for all of them. I managed to get all my females together in a temporary 5 gallon, with lots of live plants and decorations to hide and disrupt line of sight.

But cherry shrimp and neon tetras sound fine too!
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #3 
Ezzie

There's a lot of plants currently and I'll be adding more tomorrow :) will be even better once it grows in!

They currently had 5-6 females in the tank together do you think these are sisters? Maybe I could temporarily start with 2 and add more within the week. Females of good colour are hard to come by in my area :(
Ezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #4 
NeptunesMom

You should at least have a 10 g (a 20 g is better), and you shouldn't have less than 5 females. If I were you, I would get only one female and the cherry shrimp and tetras. Do not start with two and then add more, as they will fight with each other.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote