Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-22-2013, 05:30 AM   #11 
Laki

Put more stalk plants in there so they can at least spend a few hours without looking at each other. I think bettas are pretty social, I noticed a difference in all the divided tanks I've had/seen. I hope this works out for you, but you should really add more plants to extend their lives!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #12 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink77 View Post
if they kill each other, I'll post about that too.
I find this rather insulting to the many fishkeepers who post here looking for ways to make life BETTER and HEALTHIER for their pets.

You must be an adult if you have been keeping fish for 20 years. Why post stuff like this on a forum with young impressionable kids just trying to do their best with their hobby?
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #13 
Fenghuang

The first thing I noticed was that your red guy might have jagged fins like they have been nipped at. Then, in your other thread where you posted close-ups of them, I can see that both of them have fin damage. It is either that they do get into fights when you are not there to witness them or, like you mentioned yourself, the other fish in the tank attack them too. Either way, that is not an very good situation for any of your fish.
Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #14 
logisticsguy

They are your fish so you will do what you want. There are good reasons not to do this. I do not understand why when you obviously know it is very dangerous. Things can happen quickly and if your not there to pull fish when the final battle starts one will likely die. Just a matter of time imo. Good luck.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #15 
Fenghuang

And I agree with Registereduser one hundred percent. You do not have to accept our opinions. We hope you would take our perspectives into consideration, but on the internet, what are we, but mere words on a screen? If you decide to reject them based on your experience and best judgement, so be it. We wish you the best.

But please have a little tact in the way you phrase your posts. Not just young children, but also teenagers and adults can take your words to heart. I've already had one person yesterday express to me how upset she was over your apparent lack of regard for whether your fish live or die. A lot of fishkeepers here view their fish as more than pets and you come across sounding cruel and callous.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #16 
RussellTheShihTzu

Not taking sides, here. But would like to point out one respondent posted:

"However, we never hear follow-ups on these cases. The members just disappear. I imagine that sh*t hit the fan and they came home one day and found fish fins and guts strewn all over their tank. But do they report that to us? No. No one wants to admit they made a mistake and done something wrong.
people do this and are never heard from again."

It seems to me the OP was simply responding that he/she would not take off but would also post if the ultimate happened. JMO and not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone.
RussellTheShihTzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #17 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Since this is a very emotional issue for many of our members including me I am going to check about getting this thread closed due to the fact that this is a Family Friendly Community and IMO this is not suited for many of our younger members. Please be patient while I check to see if this thread can be closed and keep any comments civil...Thanks !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #18 
Fenghuang

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellTheShihTzu View Post
Not taking sides, here. But would like to point out one respondent posted:

"However, we never hear follow-ups on these cases. The members just disappear. I imagine that sh*t hit the fan and they came home one day and found fish fins and guts strewn all over their tank. But do they report that to us? No. No one wants to admit they made a mistake and done something wrong.
people do this and are never heard from again."

It seems to me the OP was simply responding that he/she would not take off but would also post if the ultimate happened. JMO and not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone.
Yeah, that was me. I admit my opinions on the matter are quite strong and I do apologize if my comment came off as me being rude. That was never my intention.

Still, to people who care deeply about fish (I am not implying that the OP does not, btw), "Well they may kill each other or not, but until then they are fine" can be extremely hurtful.

EDIT: Sorry, Perseusmom, I didn't see your post when I posted this.

Last edited by Fenghuang; 06-22-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:26 PM   #19 
RussellTheShihTzu

Oh, I didn't mean at all to imply you were being rude! Please don't take it that way. I was just trying to point out the OP didn't randomly make the comment but was responding to another.
RussellTheShihTzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #20 
Vickytoria3112

If you do remove this post, then maybe another post about culling Bettas to Oscars because they weren't beautiful enough should be removed as well. That is very upsetting as well and they were trying to convince me that this type animal cruelty is ok and needed. Everything is controversial and others opinions should be heard whether someone likes it or not.

There's always going to be 2 sides.
Vickytoria3112 is offline   Reply With Quote