Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #21 
dramaqueen
Banned

They're saying that people will want to take them home? Most people I know wouldn't want to take home a fish from a wedding.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:43 AM   #22 
Stone

Yeah I agree that most will not get taken home unless it happens to be a wedding where most of the people invited are into the hobby, and even then most of us are pretty darn close to having all the fish we can own lol so unless the centerpiece fish come with proper tanks and filters heaters and everything you need to take care of them most will not have a home after the event and I would like to think that people into fishkeeping would not do this
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #23 
Polkadot

That is HORRIBLE! Especially the pics of the poor little bettas stuck in those vases with tealight candles.That is cruel!
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #24 
Fenghuang

Some people get all wrapped up in the whole wedding thing (although I believe most of that is their normal everyday personality). You see it all the time on TLC or one of those other channels that are plagued by so-called "reality" TV. Bridezilla, Say Yes to the Dress, My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, etc. They are all about me, me, me. "I want all eyes on me." "I don't want anyone looking better than me." "Everything has to be perfect for me." "No one better ruin it for me." People become petty and despicable and cannot see beyond their own selfish and trite whims and fancies.

I'm not surprised at all that this outlook would include pushing gifts (live or not) on other people and expecting them to be grateful and happy to receive them, without seeing how much of an inconvenience they can be.

Last edited by Fenghuang; 06-22-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #25 
PhantomoftheOpera

God. WHY CAN'T PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THEY ARE LIVING ANIMALS? No, they are not a dog that can beg or anything, but they are animals. They feel things, are actually very smart.
Everytime I'm at a pet store I always want to shoot people for keeping these betta fish in cups, or overcrowding guppies and goldfish. I was explaining to my mom the other day who couldn't understand why I don't just keep him in a half-gallon cube and I looked at her and said "You can keep a dog alive inside a closet, correct? But does that REALLY mean the dog is going to be it's happiest or healthiest in a closet?" and she agreed.
Basically, stop freaking making living creatures novelty items or conversation pieces people. .-.
PhantomoftheOpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #26 
Vickytoria3112

These photos make me upset. If I see these in a wedding I will snatch them up and tell the bride offf and find them good homes. This is ridiculously ugly and cruel.

And what if someone accidentally bumps the table and they tip over. There's not enough water in that stuff to put him back in in order to save the poor fish's life.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 06-22-2013 at 09:11 PM. Reason: profanity
Vickytoria3112 is offline   Reply With Quote