Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #21 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I personally do not think this thread should be closed, people are following the rules and presenting facts to better inform the op. There is going to be strong feelings on both sides of any issue but as long as we remain respectful that is just fine.

That's just my opinion though, if the mods feel differently then go ahead and close it.

Btw, I agree with fenghuang and have nothing more to add.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #22 
Fenghuang

I can see both sides of the argument regarding whether the topic should remain open or be closed; however, I firmly believe that when delicate issues like this spring up on a forum, it should be left up to the moderators' discretion. Let's trust them and just step back and allow them do their job.
Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #23 
Rosewynn

I have to agree that closing this thread isn't fair. The OP clearly stated what this thread was about and users can choose between opening it or ignoring it and moving on.

If you close this thread I hope you're willing to close any and all threads that might be 'disturbing' to others. Flushing dead fish versus burying them; no heaters in tanks, cleaning a .5G tank every other week etc. Closing this thread and not closing any and all others that are reported because it upsets someone is not fair.
Rosewynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #24 
bettacrazygirl86

I have to agree with Rosewynn. I've been following this thread, and I honestly think it's a little ridiculous to close this thread just because some people don't agree with it or because it isn't "child appropriate." I've seen plenty of other threads with swear words, disturbing images of dead fish, and more that I don't think are child appropriate, yet nothing happens to them. I think this thread should stay open. I would like to hear what the OP has to say later on, as far as updates on the two bettas go.
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:39 AM   #25 
dramaqueen
Banned

We will decide as a team whether or not go close the thread. If we can discuss the subject in a civil manner then the thread may be left open.
The fish belong to the op and whether we agree or not, they are her fish and she can do whatever she wants and if something does happen then she'll have to live with the consequences.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:15 AM   #26 
Dwarden3

The tank is pretty big, so it could work, just keep a close eye on it.

Edit: I had a similar post about this, and we came to the conclusion that in theory, you could create a wild environment with a large enough tank. We also came to the conclusion that even if the tank was 200 gallons, with only 2 males, there is a chance for fighting/death. Imo, I would rather divide the tank or start a sorority. You could divide the tank 5 ways and still have happy bettas, and you could have so many females if you wanted a sorority.

You can see if it will work, just understand the risk. The risk would exist even if you divided the tank because they can jump, and in a sorority, they could/will fight. If you see fighting, remove them before it worsens, otherwise, do not be surprised if something goes wrong. I do not think people should get mad at OP. Fishkeeping is about the inventiveness, and discovering ways to do things that are thought of as impossible. I know that my fish, Sigmund, is very calm, and might get along with another male, every betta is different. I don't think anyone should close the thread because valuable info has been given.

Last edited by Dwarden3; 06-23-2013 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Did a quick reply before reading the rest of the post.
Dwarden3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:53 AM   #27 
tngirl92

Personally I don't know why you wouldn't just spend the extra ten bucks to divide your tank.
tngirl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #28 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tngirl92 View Post
Personally I don't know why you wouldn't just spend the extra ten bucks to divide your tank.
Because "tink" is a guy who thinks he can prove something at the expense of the fish.

For the record, I don't think this thread should be closed. Maybe he will learn some good tips.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #29 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
Because "tink" is a guy who thinks he can prove something at the expense of the fish.

For the record, I don't think this thread should be closed. Maybe he will learn some good tips.
Thanks for sharing your opinion about keeping this thread open but remember in order for it to stay open we must keep any and all comments civil. There are rules for a very good reason here in our community so we must follow them and those who choose not to can be given warnings or infractions that could lead to a ban for as long as the moderators see fit. This is only a friendly reminder as I know there are no moderators who enjoy handing out any type of punishments but in some cases we have to do just that in order to make sure all rules are followed for the benefit of all our members.

If something in this thread upsets you and you feel the need to do so please send a report or post in Discuss with Moderators so that all moderators will see the report or post and can handle them and please be patient and know that we do see and hear your concerns. Thanks
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #30 
RussellTheShihTzu

FWIW, OP may not be a guy.
RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote