Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2013, 09:41 AM   #6331 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
I've been looking for a koi girl or someone marble since I have so many solids, although....over the border shipping isn't going to be fun :/.....road trip? lol
LOL....if you want to make a road trip to Canada, I could send you home with about 30 fish....or more.....I don't have a passport (been meaning to get one...lol), so I can't make the trip there. :( You'd have to put the fish into thermoses or something like someone suggested a while back.....
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #6332 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I got fish from California to Alberta by putting them in their cups in a cooler packed with towels.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #6333 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
I got fish from California to Alberta by putting them in their cups in a cooler packed with towels.
Good plan.....lol
Old 06-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #6334 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

So what kind of girls are you rehoming?

Edit- BTW the boy I'm planning to breed to the ee girl in this shipment was one of my Californian fish.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:50 AM   #6335 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catw0man View Post
LOL....if you want to make a road trip to Canada, I could send you home with about 30 fish....or more.....I don't have a passport (been meaning to get one...lol), so I can't make the trip there. :( You'd have to put the fish into thermoses or something like someone suggested a while back.....
Oh man, I really want to make this road trip now! I just got my passport renewed last year when we went to Spain!!! Hmmm I wonder if my dad will let me use the car......I'm going to go formulate a plan now haha

How much will the shipping cost though just for reference sake?

I actually have some insulated boxes and I've kept all of my baggies so I could totally bring a few home!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #6336 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Oh man, I really want to make this road trip now! I just got my passport renewed last year when we went to Spain!!! Hmmm I wonder if my dad will let me use the car......I'm going to go formulate a plan now haha

How much will the shipping cost though just for reference sake?

I actually have some insulated boxes and I've kept all of my baggies so I could totally bring a few home!
Matt, all the girls I'm getting are either HMs or HMPKs.....about 50/50. I don't think there are any EEs other than yours. Quite a few from Majcha Farms (those would be the HMPKs) and from 3dbetta (HMs).

Lilnaugrim, I don't know what shipping would be to the U.S., but I do know it would be very naughty of me to ship live fish out of Canada without some sort of permit or license (I wonder if our Canadian transhipper would be legally able to?). Not that it's strictly legal to transport live fish across the border, but I think it would be safer for the fish and more likely to be successful. You are absolutely welcome to head over here with your insulated boxes and baggies and pack up a bunch!

I can tell you shipping FedEx is expensive....I just shipped 4 fish to Alberta last week and it was $85 for a small box (Priority Overnight).

Last edited by Catw0man; 06-24-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #6337 
Janan

A question for all of you addicts! lol

When you have bid on multiple fish, do you quickly pay for each one as you become the winning bidder?
Janan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #6338 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janan View Post
A question for all of you addicts! lol

When you have bid on multiple fish, do you quickly pay for each one as you become the winning bidder?
If I know I'm bidding on more from the same breeder, I wait.

One time.....(totally my own fault, but still).....I forgot to transfer money to my Paypal bank account and I had 5....count 'em....FIVE payments go NSF. And each one was for one individual fish (around $20 each).....and I got NSF charges of $42.50 on each of the 5 transactions...over $200 in charges. And I was kicking myself for not just paying them all in one payment (or, I think it would have been 2 payments to 2 different breeders). Even if it went NSF, then would only have been the one (or 2) charge(s)....not FIVE!!!! True story.....
Old 06-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #6339 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catw0man View Post
Matt, all the girls I'm getting are either HMs or HMPKs.....about 50/50. I don't think there are any EEs other than yours. Quite a few from Majcha Farms (those would be the HMPKs) and from 3dbetta (HMs).

Lilnaugrim, I don't know what shipping would be to the U.S., but I do know it would be very naughty of me to ship live fish out of Canada without some sort of permit or license (I wonder if our Canadian transhipper would be legally able to?). Not that it's strictly legal to transport live fish across the border, but I think it would be safer for the fish and more likely to be successful. You are absolutely welcome to head over here with your insulated boxes and baggies and pack up a bunch!

I can tell you shipping FedEx is expensive....I just shipped 4 fish to Alberta last week and it was $85 for a small box (Priority Overnight).
So I just looked at some maps and calculated time....it would take me about 9 hours to get to Toronto, of course no specifics but....I'm wondering for real if this is do-able!

Oh yeah, forgot you needed a license for that >.< my bad! So, can you post some of the girls or PM me some of the girls that you'd be willing to give up?
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #6340 
Janan

What about if each one is a different breeder? Just pay it and get it over with?
Janan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this