Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #1 
InsideTheBurg

Cool Helped a couple at Walmart

Hey guys, just thought I would share my experience. There was a couple at Walmart this evening picking out a Betta to replace a goldfish they had lost. I helped them pick out an awesome little yellow veil boy . I answered their questions and feel confident they will give him a great home. They asked plenty of questions and were very alert to my advice so he won't be stuck in a tiny bowl like some new owners believe is okay.
I feel so good cause I knew I couldn't get another for myself right now, but I helped one get a good home. I feel enlightened. LOL.... maybe I'm just crazy.
InsideTheBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:29 PM   #2 
Rohland

You were probably way more helpful to those people than any LFS employee could have been.
Rohland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:55 PM   #3 
BakaMandy

LOL! I've done that a few times too! I've a frequent visitor to the LPS in the mall that I work at, and I've bumped into plenty of people who've started asking me questions cause I'm always so studious of all the animals (I swear I've owned almost every single pet available in a pet store. I've lived with 6 ferrets, 3 degus, 2 gerbils, 1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 hamster, 1 cat, 2 dogs, 2 mice, several goldfish and now of course, 4 betta fish+1 betta fish that's been admitted to my fish hospital lol! Not to mention I've babysat and taken care of wild animals such as birds xD'') When they see me lifting betta fish cups and diagnosing their condition, or playing with the animals, they just start talking to me O_o; it's weird.

The employees at the store know NOTHING! It's so pathetic, I've even had employees come to me to ask questions O_o;;; I kinda feel bad for the animals there... but I don't think I would apply for work there, the owner is a real stuck up biatch, and she hates that I know more than her =v=;;;

Last edited by BakaMandy; 09-07-2009 at 10:59 PM.
BakaMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:26 AM   #4 
EricRgar

horray :D
EricRgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good for you!! Now that betta will have a good home. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:49 AM   #6 
doggyhog

Yay!! Good for you!!!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:19 AM   #7 
Vikki81207

Yay! Good job! I do that alot too, always makes me feel good.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #8 
Jupiter

That's great! I don't think I would be able to do that, I always feel like there's more I need to know before i can give out advice.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #9 
InsideTheBurg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
That's great! I don't think I would be able to do that, I always feel like there's more I need to know before i can give out advice.
Oh, i know what you mean. I am by no means an "expert". But they were completely clueless and had never had bettas before. Only goldfish. So even just the basic info seemed lengthy. BUt, I'm glad they talked to me, cause I at least think they have the knowledge to properly care for one now.
InsideTheBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #10 
sumsum

At petstores they should train the enployes about the animal that they are in the section for.
sumsum is offline   Reply With Quote