Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2013, 01:49 AM   #1 
jona31

Angry "plantedtank" site is hating on us please take a look and post your thoughts

the "plantedtank" site really hates us here's what people have said.

You are dealing with the snobs on bettafish.com, most of them think they actually know something most of them just parrot information they heard once, I have seen so much bad advice and rumors accepted as fact it's actually kind of funny, they usually stress a betta need a tank that is 5 gallons, I have said it many times a 1 gallon bowl that the person changes the water on 2-3 times a week is better than a 100 gallon that water rarely gets changed, but they will argue that point as well. this made me so furious

Last edited by SeaHorse; 06-25-2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: changed title
jona31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:50 AM   #2 
Tikibirds

I have been here for over 2 years and very few people on here will "stress" that a betta needs a 5 gallon tank. They should go visit PETA's website - they say 10 gallons is too SMALL for one betta

and what is this wrong info they mentioned?? Its a forum. obviously the info is going to be biased somewhat
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:41 AM   #3 
SeaKnight

((Shrugs shoulders)) to each their own, so what if some parrot information, you need to learn it before you can Parrot it..... For me personally, I have ALWAYS (even before having joined any animal related forums) felt the bigger the better as long as you are able to keep the "area" properly maintained....
SeaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #4 
OrangeAugust

Actually, I have noticed here recently more people who say bettas need at least 5 gallons. I disagree, but whatever.

I used to go to plantedtank.net all the time before the firewall at work blocked it.
That's too bad that they're talking about us like that, though.
I found that people there are generally not very friendly, anyway. I only go on the forum if I have a specific question. Otherwise, I like to look at peoples' tank pictures.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #5 
jona31

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeAugust View Post
Actually, I have noticed here recently more people who say bettas need at least 5 gallons. I disagree, but whatever.

I used to go to plantedtank.net all the time before the firewall at work blocked it.
That's too bad that they're talking about us like that, though.
I found that people there are generally not very friendly, anyway. I only go on the forum if I have a specific question. Otherwise, I like to look at peoples' tank pictures.
Ditto
jona31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:47 AM   #6 
BittyB

I haven't been here long, but every forum has their share of BS with the good. Also what forum doesn't have some advice that is biased or off base and didn't work out when you tried it? I think that is to be expected.

I am on here to learn, but on other forums I am on there for people to learn from. There is some advice I shrug at because I know better on the topic. Doesn't make the place awful, it makes it a forum. Planted tank is not much different. I am also on there...I'm on a lot of forums, actually. Haha.
BittyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #7 
SeaHorse
TFK Moderator

I just want to say,... Good job for not getting upset about it!! AND not badmouthing them back!! There will always be someone out there who doesn't like us/you and we all have to learn to let it roll off us! We are all different... that is what makes the world go round!
If you think some of the points made are valid then we should grow and improve how we do things, each one of us. Lets make TFK and BF better!! Keep open minds to learning from other's experiences and rather than jumping on someone for doing something wrong and different, ask them and compare notes to your own and have a mature discussion about the situation. There are many ways to keep fish and we all have something to learn!!
SeaHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #8 
shellieca
Reference Team

People are allowed to express their opinions here & on other forums. The same thing the OP "quoted" has basically been said on this forum before. Why make a deal out of it?
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #9 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellieca View Post
People are allowed to express their opinions here & on other forums. The same thing the OP "quoted" has basically been said on this forum before. Why make a deal out of it?
Agreed, and there have been people on this forum that have expressed said opinion just as rudely.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote