Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2009, 09:04 PM   #11 
ltshinthebetta

I havent seen Gustav sleep yet....
William usually falls asleep around 1 though. He just lays at the bottom of his tank.
ltshinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:01 PM   #12 
Jupiter

It scared me today!
First time leaving the girls home while i went to school, I was just fretting all day about them. I got home late because I stopped at Petsmart for a few things, both where floating on the top next to the heater. Wouldn't wake up even when I tapped, but I turned the light on and they came too eventually.

So far: Bambi likes to curl up in the pot at the bottom, while Lolita likes to sleep next to the heater. She REALLY loves that heater.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #13 
CodeRed

Um, let's see....
Ace sleeps under a plant. Devin sleeps inside of a Tiki. Vulcan sleeps in a castle. Sherbet sleeps next to his bubblenest. Nereus sleeps next to his heater, and Deimos sleeps inside his castle as well. (:
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:13 AM   #14 
Effie

I love how all your fish have favorite places to sleep. And thanks for letting me know; I was really worried that he was sick. I figured they slept, it just scared the crap out of me because it looked so odd.
Effie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #15 
kelly528

Lou sleeps under his driftwood at night so I never see him... but during the day he sort of props himself up on his fin rays like a tripod and rests on his favorite Anubias leaf that grows on top of his driftwood. I think he likes it because he has a good view of his domain from up there :)
kelly528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:55 PM   #16 
Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly528 View Post
Lou sleeps under his driftwood at night so I never see him... but during the day he sort of props himself up on his fin rays like a tripod and rests on his favorite Anubias leaf that grows on top of his driftwood. I think he likes it because he has a good view of his domain from up there :)
Haha! Reminded me of the Lion King. :P
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:55 PM   #17 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Most of my fish sleep on their plant leaves and one of them loves to lay on a flat rock I have in his tank. A couple times I thought he was really sick but he just loves to sleep at the bottom of the tank.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #18 
TianTian

Taco used to hide and sleep inside his hollow stone that I had for him. I'd walk by the tank and panic because I feared he had jumped out! But a moment later he'd zip out and flare at me as if to say, "I was sleeping, woman!! Chill!!"

Tian-Tian loved his grassy plant. He sometimes would use his long fins to prop himself up with and just kinda drift sideways. however, I always loved it when I came home from class, to find him asleep and he'd wake up and start flaring and wiggling his tail like a puppy.

Aww, I miss my boys.
(Side note: At 2:30 today I'm gonna run over to Petco!! EEEee I'm excited!!)
TianTian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:58 AM   #19 
doggyhog

Yay!!! Good luck going to Petco! I hope you find the perfect one (or two hehehehe)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:15 PM   #20 
ClearWaters

Cool

My male an female Sleep in a 4x4 cube of Coal that has been drilled out across the bottom and in the loops of a dragon i have in the tank for deco. I will try to get some pics sometime and share them.
ClearWaters is offline   Reply With Quote