Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2009, 08:50 PM   #11 
doggyhog

Also, you can crush up a pellet. :)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:04 PM   #12 
Magdalaine

Button turns up his nose at crushed pellets... literally...

he just keeps pushing them around with his ittle nosey and playing with the pellets whether they're crushed or not, and if he's hungry enough, he'll eat one... maybe...
Magdalaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:01 PM   #13 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdalaine View Post
Button turns up his nose at crushed pellets... literally...

he just keeps pushing them around with his ittle nosey and playing with the pellets whether they're crushed or not, and if he's hungry enough, he'll eat one... maybe...
Here;s what you do, tell him: "Eat or I'll turn you in to sushi!!!!" LOL. Ok have you tried freeze dried bloodworms?
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:02 AM   #14 
Magdalaine

LMAO! I haven't tried bloodworms yet, I generally give them brine shrimp once a week though. I'm probably heading to Petsmart in a little while though, so I'm probably going to be picking up some different pellets, maybe some bloodworms too... and I need filters... and if a cute little sad looking betta distracts me, I guess I'll be getting a bowl, gravel and silk plants as well... I can stop any time! (really.)
Old 09-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #15 
Yuuki

I've got a picky eater as well. Sushi would eat BettaMin flakes at first, but since I started giving him Hikari Bio-Gold pellets, he'll rarely touch the flakes. When he actually does go for a flake, he spits out most of it.

Otherwise, he'll only eat brine shrimp and blood worms.

He refuses Wardley's Pellet food too. He'll just play with it, nosing it around his tank. xD
Yuuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:17 AM   #16 
Magdalaine

Went to petsmart the other day to get filters for my tank and some hikari bio-gold... they were out of the hikari AND the wardley's... it made me very annoyed... I mean, they were selling tons and tons of bettas and had almost no food in stock for them except for flakes!

Anywho, I decided that if Button keeps up with his antics, I'll just order the hikari or wardley's online... he's gotten better about eating the HBH pellets since i started feeding him 2 in the morning and 1 at night (offering a second is hopeless).

Also, even if they didn't have the food I wanted, they had tons of pretty girly bettas! (and one of them is now taking up even more space on my desk )
Old 09-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #17 
Jupiter

I'm having the same problem! I can't find Hikari (or any decent pellet food) anywhere! I did get some Hikari brine shrimp so that my girls don't starve. They seemed to like it.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:01 PM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

My Petsmart doesn't carry Hikari betta bio gold anymore either. They do have Hikari fd brine shrimp and bloodworms, though.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote