Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2013, 11:38 PM   #11 
AltheaGlyndwr

What store did you find it at? I am definitely considering getting more young ones that appear overly female and a bit older and I want to be able to give them all good starts. Although it might be that I find more adults. Who knows!

Oh and I just put Mystique in the 10 gal... I immediately had to buffer the filter until I add other girls later and more greenery/hidey holes to block the current. She's NEVER had a filter in her life or a current. She's all like OMG! And then she appears to be riding the remaining current on purpose. Anyway, I have the baby's tank right up next to it and every time Mystique swims near or by the baby is all like OMG OMG!! And follows her back and forth. I'm pretty sure it likes seeing her and the big tank. I have yet to see Mystique notice baby though.

Me and Mystique have about a month to go through together with that tank though. I'm ready for the challenge :D I need something other than my stressful situation to focus on and dedicate myself to. Baby, Mystique + 10 gallon cycling, and Mayim my male should totally keep me busy. XD
AltheaGlyndwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:49 PM   #12 
Mar

Haha Mystique sounds rambunctious :p

I got it at Petland I live in Canada, so idk if that's available where you live, but if you ever get your hands on it, buy it! Seriously, my betta is never interested in food, but the moment i put one drop in, she went crazy. Idk, maybe it's just her, but it couldn't hurt.

PetSmart didn't seem to have ANY supplies for baby fish, so that kinda bummed me out :( I usually go there for everything!

Went to Petland looking for this and this, but I guess mine didn't offer them! If you find those, try them out and tell me how it goes.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:17 AM   #13 
AltheaGlyndwr

Yeah I've heard a lot about New Life Spectrum. When I look around the at least 4 pet stores I will def be checking for these items. They both sound great~ :) Plus I keep reading how good and healthy for your betta NLS is.... so I might as well right? How better to keep my future sorority and my little man healthy and happy?

Oh and about Mystique? She totally is. She's always been the most aware and interactive of my bettas. All the boys were lazy and unobservant compared... lol. Well... except for Titan... I miss that boy :/

Last edited by AltheaGlyndwr; 06-25-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #14 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltheaGlyndwr View Post
Yeah I've heard a lot about New Life Spectrum. When I look around the at least 4 pet stores I will def be checking for these items. They both sound great~ :) Plus I keep reading how good and healthy for your betta NLS is.... so I might as well right? How better to keep my future sorority and my little man healthy and happy?

Oh and about Mystique? She totally is. She's always been the most aware and interactive of my bettas. All the boys were lazy and unobservant compared... lol. Well... except for Titan... I miss that boy :/
NLS is great! Especially the NLS Grow formula for babies/juvies if you can get your hands on it! NLS is a really good brand except it does have one filler in the first three ingredients whereas Omega One doesn't have any in the first three ingredients. That's what you look for in foods, the first three ingredients and whether it has any wheat, corn or soybean products there, the more they have the worse it is for them

Oh and I've got a Mystique as well! She's my Alpha currently and I'm very happy that she it ^_^ she's also huge!

These are all great everyone! Thank you! Keep 'em comin'
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #15 
Mar

Gonna buy me some NLS then :)
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #16 
AltheaGlyndwr

Yeah I came home today and she and the baby finally mutually noticed one another. She appears curious is all. I had to remove the plastic plants (I thought htey'd be soft enough) cause she got tears on her upper fin and tail :(. Will she be alright in the cycle? Would adding a little AQ salt to the aquarium harm the cycle? Totally not a question for here but I wanted to update about the interaction between her and Baby without making two posts... >.<;;
Old 06-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #17 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltheaGlyndwr View Post
Yeah I came home today and she and the baby finally mutually noticed one another. She appears curious is all. I had to remove the plastic plants (I thought htey'd be soft enough) cause she got tears on her upper fin and tail :(. Will she be alright in the cycle? Would adding a little AQ salt to the aquarium harm the cycle? Totally not a question for here but I wanted to update about the interaction between her and Baby without making two posts... >.<;;
AQ salt won't harm the cycle, perfectly fine to use but for babies I would not do doses over .25 tsp per gal to start out, if she's an older baby, like almost mature then I'd say you can do .5-1 tsp per gal of dissolved AQ salt. But the tears will heal, AQ salt is more for if she gets fin rot, it's not meant to be a preventative. You should just keep up on water changes and use Stress Coat which contains Aloe Vera in it, that's what heals fins up they should heal rather quickly actually since she is a baby.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #18 
AltheaGlyndwr

-tears are actually on my adult female- But very good to know thank you! I will just make sure that the tank water stays really clean.

I do want to share something adorable that just happened though~

So I read on here about people teaching their bettas tricks and letting them swim in and around their clean finger and I figured why not? So I started with my adult female and at first she nipped me twice until she realized that I was not food and then when I dropped food her stress stripes went away for the moment. The baby is where it gets really good though! So I wetted my finger with tank water and stuck one of her foods into my fingertip and held it just above the water. She eyed the first two until my fingertip accidentally touched the top and it floated away and she then ate but with the third one she jumped up and got the pebble off of my finger! It was so freaking cute~~~ <3

Point two for baby learning tricks! (already follows my finger)
Old 06-26-2013, 06:44 AM   #19 
Viva

Hhaahaha! When Prize was a baby she would do that without me even meaning to teach her...she just LOVES to jump for food! One time I was feeding her and she jumped OUT of the tank though onto the floor :( She survived with some minor injuries but she never liked to jump again after that :( The duckweed I float in their tanks now prevents them from jumping sort of because it pretty much carpets the entire surface of the water.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote