Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2013, 08:22 AM   #1 
MamaBlue

Best way to transport betta: advice needed!

We are all going away for a month to a summer house and of course, we need to take Blue with us. The house is about 2:30 − 3 hours away by car. What would be the best way to transport him? I have a small half gallon aquarium that he first lived in before we got his current 3 gallon home with the filter and the works (I will be taking that one with me separately, of course).

I just put him in the small aquarium for the trip I suppose, but then I would need to think of something to cover the top with. Would a type of clear bag they give you in pet stores when you buy a fish work for an up to three hour journey? Please advise!
MamaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #2 
OrangeAugust

I've transported my bettas before. It was only about a half-hour drive, but I just put them in their store cups and then because it was winter I put them in a cooler with a heat pack, and I packed them in there good (you can use towels so that his cup wouldn't be sliding around. You might still want to use a heat pack if you're going to use the A/C in the car.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
transporting betta fish, travel