Betta Fish Forum banner

Hows this betta?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  countyrd419 
#1 ·
Not the biggest fan of the colour but hes the best looking fish shapewise (I think) from petco so I grabbed him. Is he considered blue grizzle/marble?

the day I got him, super shy and would not come to camera

a week later

These are all from today, getting a nice flare pic is impossible..I took so many photos! These were the best..

I dont know if those are considered ammonia burns, the same thing happened to a completely clear cellophane I had, blue blotches all over the body 1-2 days later or if its just marbling. If anyone can show me the difference, that would be awesome.
No doubt he is not show quality, but he has some lovely fins from a pet store buy, and his topline isnt that terrible though not great. The white spot on his anal is interesting.

What kind of colours would I get if I mixed him with a salamander? What about a blue/yellow bicolour?

See less See more
#2 ·
He is grizzling up on you. Ammonia burns are red sores on the gills. The grizzle color/pattern usually pops up once they settle into their homes, and some the older they get will get it if it's in their genes.

As for female, find one with a smooth topline, wide dorsal and sharper edges to her caudal. He looks rather small, so keep that in mind, make sure the female is his size or a bit smaller.

Color wise, you may get some better info on that from indjo - half of my breeding is done on a "lets see what I get" way, and the other is very specific.. so I don't know a lot about the color genetics.

#5 ·
+1 Myates
"lets see what I get" pairing will give you better understanding of how color genetics combine/influence each other.

OP: What is your goal, what color are you trying to get?

Looks as if he has metallic and irid back ground, in the least.

1. Salamander; red - blue background
2. MG pattern; blue, non red, and red back ground, in the least

1. You may get cambodian patterns (various shades and levels of irids), various level of red multi (dark red body with irids and red fins, irid multi (dominantly irid body with red or redish fins - and even may have some metallic multi). cellophane, grizzle, may also come out. plus what ever color genes they're hiding.

2. grizzle, pastel, MG, multi irid (red wash), plus other colors hidden in their back ground.

#8 ·
Well I got some girls from whatsup. Wanted to pair some with the boys I have now..

They aren't totally settled in yet so theres still some fin clampage and stripes.

WITH

_________

(prefer the colour, body isnt as nice)
OR

(nice tail and body)

with

Tail and anal is not perfect but still decent, he is only a PK, while the girl is HMPKxHM I believe and I would love to get some hmpk babies out of this eventually? Love his solid blue scales and orange fins.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.