Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2013, 11:27 PM   #41 
logisticsguy

You know you can give me a time that works for you in the day and I can usually work with it. I have too many asassins take a few please lol.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:17 AM   #42 
Mar

Okay! I'll let you know :)
Lol thank you, I got some at Pisces before but they've all died off because of a stupid mistake.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #43 
Mar

Day 6

Went to the hospital early this morning, came back at around 6:00PM.

Fed my sorority first because feeding BB is hard and takes 15 minutes for her to take one bite.

Looked everywhere in the tank for her, for a good 10 minutes. Lots of hiding places. Finally found her next to a moss ball, near anubias/driftwood. She wasn't moving. I can't help but feel this is my fault. If I had tried harder, better water, started a live food culture. Idk.

I guess that concludes this journal. Thanks everyone for their support and help.

RIP Baby Betta. Sorry I couldn't do you any better.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #44 
logisticsguy

Aw. That is so sad. Do not blame yourself Mar. You tried hard. Honestly your baby was in rough shape when you got her being underfed and young. Plus the water situation here does not help. Even the best care does not always end in success. Ive lost fish and I try really hard too. I know this must hurt.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #45 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Aw I'm sorry. I seriously doubt there was anything you could do, you took very good care of her. I'm sure she enjoyed her time with you!
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #46 
Mar

Thank you. Trying to look at the positive aspects of this. At least now I have freed up room and a tank for a male betta. I'm going to check out all the pet stores tomorrow, and if there's none I like, I'll order from AB.

And you're right, her chances of survival were really slim, and I didn't even know about how bad the water has gotten until a couple days ago.

Thanks for you care and concern though! Helps a lot.

Thanks Matt :) If I ever see another baby betta, I'll try again!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #47 
logisticsguy

I have a few pretty boys who need a good home. You could take a look and visit to see if you like them. They are rehomes so would be free.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #48 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

That's so sweet of you CJ

But yes, I'm sorry to hear about BB! You really did a fantastic job with her though, from just picking her up and taking her home. She even colored up for you!! That's success right there and you gave her such wonderful care that I'm sure she's happily swimming under the Rainbow bridge right now, smiling as some Betta's do

I'm sure the water definitely doesn't help the situation right now! Best of luck to you all up there! I was lucky that our 100 year flood back in '10, I wasn't fish keeping!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:36 PM   #49 
Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by logisticsguy View Post
I have a few pretty boys who need a good home. You could take a look and visit to see if you like them. They are rehomes so would be free.
Thanks a bunch for the offer but I really don't mind paying for them! Hahah you're giving me too many free things, so I honestly wouldn't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
That's so sweet of you CJ

But yes, I'm sorry to hear about BB! You really did a fantastic job with her though, from just picking her up and taking her home. She even colored up for you!! That's success right there and you gave her such wonderful care that I'm sure she's happily swimming under the Rainbow bridge right now, smiling as some Betta's do

I'm sure the water definitely doesn't help the situation right now! Best of luck to you all up there! I was lucky that our 100 year flood back in '10, I wasn't fish keeping!
I guess colouring up for me would be considered a success :) It's just so crazy to have 2 important bettas I adore have deaths that pretty much coincide.

Lol, it'd be crazy if you were fishkeeping back in 1910! And I'm really scared of the water here atm, but hopefully it'll clear up within a couple months.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:44 PM   #50 
logisticsguy

Ok you could make a small donation to the CJ Feed a Fish Foundation