Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2013, 03:04 AM   #1 
sbgrn

So why do you like bettas?

I've always liked betta fish because they are gorgeous and such easy keepers. I've even had an one now and then that reacts to me when it sees me coming which no other fish has ever done. I like to get the ones I think no one else will take, like my current one I call Crazy Eyed Joe because he has a gorgeous body and a white head which makes his eyes look at crazy.

Why do you like Betta fish?
Attached Images

sbgrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:27 AM   #2 
charislynne

I love bettas since my friend told me all about them even though I had 1 before but didn't care for bettas that much. Now i love my betta and my friend showed me betta fish.com
charislynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #3 
registereduser

They are beautiful
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #4 
GinjaHaZ

They're easy to take care of, beautiful creatures, and ever since I got my first betta fish, Lucifer, I want more so I guess I'm a fish person.
GinjaHaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #5 
kvw1988

I always get the ones no one else wants. There's something about those I just really like, even if they are kinda boring looking, or odd looking. I love their personalities though, especially my baby, he can be so interested in me that he doesn't notice I'm feeding him lol.
kvw1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #6 
quietlythundering

What's not to love? They have such funny personalities, adorable little grumpy faces, and are great (albeit silent) company! It's also really soothing to just and watch them go about their fishy business. Plus, they are really just incredibly fascinating. It's like having your own little aquarium in your room :D
They're just beautiful, relaxing, quirky little creatures.
quietlythundering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:22 PM   #7 
tngirl92

I like them because they are so colorful and diverse in the way they look. Like people, no two betta fish are the same whereas some other fish species look very similar to each other. I also love their little personalities and seeing how they are different. :)
tngirl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:52 PM   #8 
WOLFSRAIN4

they're gorgeous and quite the character and smart..calming and elegant
WOLFSRAIN4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #9 
snowflake311

I fell in love with my first betta fish in 1998 I think it was. It was a blue VT thats all we could get at pet stores back them. He was great. So much personality he was my pet. He even moved with me from CT to VA made the road trip no problem. They are so portable. I kept many bettas in College. In fact my first betta moved with me to College too. I had him for 5 or 6 years I cried when I lost him.

Every since that first betta I have loved them. They are so portable and fun. They come in so many colors and fin types. I have kept Many fish since my first betta and I always come back to betta fish. I cant go more then a year or 2 with out a betta fish.
snowflake311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:09 AM   #10 
TheOnlyCanvas

I suffered from anxiety and depression during my first year of college, and I adopted Arthur to keep me company. He was so active and he was just gorgeous. Over time he (and later his buddy, Merlin) among other things helped me overcome my problems, mostly because I was so overly-paranoid about them getting sick or hurt that I stopped worrying about myself!
My fish are my friends - they interact with me, they make faces at me. I spent several weeks creating 50 paintings and drawings of Arthur for an art project and in that time I came to know him very well. Whenever he sees me coming he comes up to the glass and waits until I put my face right at his level and then he'll swim around and wiggle.
They just have so much character!
Plus I love having something rewarding to devote time to.
TheOnlyCanvas is offline   Reply With Quote