Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #31 
sunlight

please give us update:)
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:35 AM   #32 
jadaBlu

A combo of Jungle Fungus clear, API triple sulfa and AQ salt seems to be help my fish. I made sure to aerate the water for a couple of days when I started the antibiotics which reduce oxygen in the tank. I've done it with no aeration and I can see the difference. You can gradually lower your tank temperature to 78-79 to help slow down the fin rot. 1 degree a day.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #33 
carlos puron

A little update he's doong more than perfect yesterday I didn't see any black spots on his fins at all and most of the edges are white specially the parts that whit the u shapes which is the signal of regrowth any way I'll keep the salt water until we complete the 10 day afterwards I'm not sure if get the filter back or wait until he heals completely but ill keep on using the stress coat
carlos puron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #34 
ANHEL123

Oh good ,if salt is helping you can use it up to 13 days but make sure you will do those 50% water changes, that i wrote for you in one of my post to get rid of the salt.
Stress coat always good idea:)
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #35 
ANHEL123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadaBlu View Post
A combo of Jungle Fungus clear, API triple sulfa and AQ salt seems to be help my fish. I made sure to aerate the water for a couple of days when I started the antibiotics which reduce oxygen in the tank. I've done it with no aeration and I can see the difference. You can gradually lower your tank temperature to 78-79 to help slow down the fin rot. 1 degree a day.
jadaBlue API triple sulfa is good for fin rot but not sure why you mixing it with Jungle Fungus , kind of too much meds at once. I also like to use medications or salt first without mixing them together because this way if one didn't help you can continue with another one prolonging the treatment. I hope your betta doing good:)
Old 06-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #36 
carlos puron

Is good to know would you recommend the 13 days ? Any way at the end of treatment with salt I'm thinking to rinse everything in the tank decoration sand and the tank itself to try to get rid of salt I'm thinking to add the stress coat only and do my water changes as the post said I guess I wait a little bit more to add the filter cause I'm afraid that medication won't work because of the carbon before adding filter I will ad some natural plants or maybe I'll just decorate the tank as I have this one hoping that stops him from bite his own fins I'm glad he's doing better and that horrible fin rot stopped I'm so happy right now
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #37 
ANHEL123

I would do 13 days, then on day 13 make 50% water change. Day 14 another 50% water change. Day 15-full water change. If you wait with filter i would alternate 50% and full water changes weekly. Or like some people doing just full water changes. I love your tank.
I know that i gave you all those links about cycling. There is another link about planted tank i want you to see
see post #22 from LittleBlueFishlets
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=173977&page=3
Old 06-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #38 
carlos puron

Thanks for the Info I'll keep you updated
Old 07-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #39 
carlos puron

Hey i was supposed to end the salt treatment on two days but I just ran out of salt and my local petsmart doesn't have any can I just have 3 spoons left so I refilled the tank with only two gallons can I use regular salt or should I just stop and continue with regular water and stress coat ? His fins are showing regrowth now but the dorsal tail is not showing regrowth but at the same time is not ripping any more should I start with medication?
Old 07-02-2013, 12:15 AM   #40 
ANHEL123

Sorry didn't see your post. No don't use regular salt. Yes you could use 3 tsp and fill the tank half way. I would continue with stress coat and alternate water changes every 3 days 50% and full water changes. And make sure the fins don't get worse if it get worse then yes you an go with medications.
But make sure it not tail biting though. You don't want to treat with medication if its tail biting. Only if you see those symptoms of the fin rot that i described before.