Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #11 
Rohland

this is it.
You need to get model 20 to be able to get the flow adjuster
Top FinŽ Power Filters and Filtration Cartridges - Filtration & Circulation - Fish - PetSmart
Rohland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:56 PM   #12 
sumsum

With the filter you have you could try to ruberband some sponges around the intake and outflow to slow the flow. I think it would be safe aslong as you wash them realy good.
sumsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:18 PM   #13 
Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohland View Post
this is it.
You need to get model 20 to be able to get the flow adjuster
Top FinŽ Power Filters and Filtration Cartridges - Filtration & Circulation - Fish - PetSmart
Thanks!
I read the reviews and most people say it breaks down/gets dirty easily. :s
Is it working well for you? How long have you had it for?
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:19 PM   #14 
Rohland

Ive had it for a month. Yes you have to clean the filter out. You just take out the intake pump, the motor, and the impellar. and give it a scrub. Not too hard, also I am running sand so any filter will get pluged more quickly.
Also a note, I have the 10 gal. version on my 5 gal with moon in it. And his tail was getitng sucked up because he was hiding by it. So i had to put a nylon sock over it. It slowed the flow a little too.
Rohland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:09 AM   #15 
Jupiter

Hmm...I think do have a ripped pair of tights that I can cut up and try to put over the intake tube. I hope I didn't throw them out.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:28 PM   #16 
Splinter492

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjen View Post
Splinter:
Your betta in your avitar is so gorgeous. I am sorry as it appears he is no longer with you but I had to ask where you got him. I would assume he is a special betta? Where else do people get bettas besides the local pet store or Walmart?
I saw a site to order specialty bettas but they wanted you to buy two of them so you can breed them which I have no intention of doing.
I actually got him at petsmart! no joke! i saw him and thought of my old betta i had manny years back (VT blue/purple male) and begged my mom to let me get him she instantly said yes when she saw him and im very sad he is gone. to find ones like that you have to be very selective and not just jump at every pretty one you see, ( i know its hard to do) yes you can buy them online but you really gotta be prepared to take care of them if you want them to last. Sorry about this long post in a thread that has nothing to do with betta pics.
Splinter492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:12 PM   #17 
doggyhog

I have the Aquaeon power filter and I LOVE it. my CT didn't seem to have much trouble swimming in the tank with the filter. It keeps it nice and clean too! I highly recommend it!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote