Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #21 
jadaBlu

I love your quote by Truman Capote! If money is an issue and by the end of the summer he has not come with a heater PM me. I have an extra non-adjustable heater that would help keep the fishy warm during the winter. I have switched most of my tanks over to adjustables where the electrial system will allow so I have extra.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #22 
Tikibirds

Offering to "help" with matience can backfire. My sister had 4 goldfish in a 10G - 3 died and she got another. I tols her I would buy her a 20G as it is better then a 10G AND I got her an aquaclear filter rated for a 70G tank.

Does she change the water? NO. She says since I bough the tank, its my job to clean the tank yet she KNOWS how dirty the fish are
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #23 
colouratura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
Offering to "help" with matience can backfire. My sister had 4 goldfish in a 10G - 3 died and she got another. I tols her I would buy her a 20G as it is better then a 10G AND I got her an aquaclear filter rated for a 70G tank.

Does she change the water? NO. She says since I bough the tank, its my job to clean the tank yet she KNOWS how dirty the fish are
That's crazy that she expects you to take care of the fish now.
She should have pride in her new tank you were kind enough to get for her and keep it nice with healthy fish. That's terrible for you and the fish.

On a brighter note Tikibirds, I LOVE your Dr. Whooves avatar. I have the same shirt as you.
colouratura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #24 
sareena79

yeah Im glad hes finally taking some iniative with his fish. Ill make sure he gets a heater by winter...and jadaBlu thank u for the offer thats very kind. oh and the quote came from a movie they filmed here where I lived about truman capote (it had sandra bullock in it) it was called Infamous. it was a pretty good flick. I heard that quote and thought it would work well on this forum
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #25 
Chevko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post

Pfff. I would have declared it mine and moved the tank into my room or house, depending on the exact thing. She says I bought the tank, my job to clean the tank, then obviously it's my fish.
Chevko is offline   Reply With Quote