Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #1 
bniebetta

Exclamation Leak! Help!

We did our first water change for our 55 gallon aquarium last night, and everything seemed fine until we went into the basement this morning. It had lost about 15 gallons!! Long story short, I have to single-handedly tear the whole thing down and transfer it to my spare 30 gallon (handling the saltwater centipede is going to be fuuuunnnn) for the time being unless I want to turn my basement into a pond.

I cleaned the glass last night so it was crystal clear, and it is still that way today, leading me to believe that the bottom is leaking. I was pretty confident about resealing the inside, until I came across a video that indicated that for a leak, you actually need to disassemble the whole thing and redo it!!! O.M.G. I'm not sure I am capable of that.........

What would you suggest? Is is ok to just redo the inside seams, or do I HAVE to redo the entire thing?

PLEASE HELP!!
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #2 
whatsupyall

I have no idea how you would dismantle the whole thing and rebuild it. I certainly would not trust myself. I imagine just inside seams should suffice. I would take it to expert for the whole tank rebuild just because of the headache I foresee ahead. Again, doesn't hurt to try the inside seams first. If it's just a leak, doesn't make sense to tear the whole tank apart when you can easily reseal it. I think of the outer/between seal as holding the tank together, but inside seams are to prevent leaks. Anyway, this is my personal opinion. Trust at your discretion.
whatsupyall is offline   Reply With Quote