Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #1 
Kittiesdragons

Bettas... why are they so addicting?

Sooo, I just spent lots of time and a little money to help make my Betta as happy and as comfortable as can be. He's not feeling his best so I just upped my own ante and redid his tank to give him a little more excitement. It seems to have helped too! But it got me to thinking... why are Bettas so addicting. I was in my LFS and of course I had to go see the Bettas and of course I had to tell myself over and over "no you don't have room for another tank" I only have one atm but I want more so badly! Is it because they are so easy to care for? Because they are so beautiful? Or because they have more personality than any other fish I've met? I'm really not for sure. I started out with a Betta because my "gift" tank is only 2.5 gallons and a Betta is the only fish that can live in such a small space. Of course now I really want to get a 10 gallon and split it or maybe not and have a shoal of something with a single Betta! Who knows? I know I want more and I also want to decorate their tanks, plant them, and provide the best care. So really I'm sucked in for good I believe. So why are you addicted and how did you get started?
Kittiesdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #2 
whatsupyall

Just because....
Lol, they are colorful, aggressive, beautiful, easy to care for, every other reason. :)
whatsupyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #3 
Kittiesdragons

They are just so awesome. I think I like them for some of the same reasons I love cats. They are easy to care for, don't take up a huge amount of space, and are so easy to love with all their bubbly personality. I'm super happy I found Bettas and I can't wait to build my dream Betta condo! ^-^ It's going to be awesome!!! In the far future but awesome!
Kittiesdragons is offline   Reply With Quote