Any of you guys got experience with Koi fish?
Recently the idea of a koi pond struck my mind kind of out of the blue and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it.
I want to do a little research into it, see what some of y'all think.
1) Is a pond even possible on a $2000 budget? That amount would mostly be for the filters, pumps, plumbing, under-layment, and liner.
The labor, construction, and installation I can do myself.
2) with the above stated budget how big could I go?
(Hoping at Least 1000 to 3000 gallon. )
3) how many gallons per Koi?
4) are they like a social or schooling fish? Is there a minimum that should be stocked?
5) I live in Georgia, summers are brutal and winter is usually mild, How would they do in that kind of climate?
6) suggestions on equipment and suppliers.
7) books,articles, websites I should check out.
Those are just a few of my many questions. I'm just trying to see if its even feasible.