Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-27-2011, 07:34 PM   #71 
GreenTea

Spawn log is up n runnin - here's a link for anyone interested!

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....032#post905032
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #72 
brittneymwhite

Well I have two bettas I'd like to kno Id they are rare or not! Any one know? The female is purple with her scales outlined in blue she also has some pink in her. The male has a green body with a red tail and face. I'll send photos through email. I have no idea on how to send through this.
brittneymwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #73 
Myates

Sounds like the female is a lavender, and the male is salamander with green.. those are being very common now in Petco/Petsmart, the male coloring you have. It's just a variation on the salamander variety you typically see on elephant ears, but people are mixing other colors in with them (trying to create new EE colors), so as of late there is a big boom in that combination. As for the lavender.. for a while the "purples" were a bit rare, but now they are quite common.

As for what is rare.. albinos and currently super blacks (especially the females) - like the one in my avatar - it's really hard to get the irids out of blacks, so you don't see a ton of super blacks out there and if you do they tend to be quite pricey. I got a great deal on mine lol, only reason I got him :P But other than that, there really are no "rares", just rares depending on where you look - pet stores you won't find certain colors, but if you go to breeders you will find any color you are wanting all over the place.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, color, rare