Banned

I'm glad SOMEBODY likes the bloodworms. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #42 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I'm glad SOMEBODY likes the bloodworms. Lol
Same here! I saw Merlin turn his nose up and I was thinking "NO!!!" gave it to Dragoon and he eagerly went for it and ate it happily; I had to sigh in relief after that!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #43 
BettaLover1313

So happy my two boys are starting to settle down and enjoy their separated halves of the tank. Merlin has finally stopped flaring at me every time I enter the room, and though I know he was upset about being moved further away from the door/little activity in my room, I think he's finally starting to like the fact that, once again, the activity around his part of the tank is down to a minimal.

Dragoon is definitely happy, and I know he's been happy since I put him in his half of the tank. He zips around it pretty much all day and he loves hiding in all the hidey holes he has including behind/under/to the side of the filter, in his cave, under his Greek columns decoration, and in his plant decoration. He seems to enjoy giving me a heart attack when I can't see him XD.

Renji, my cat, has started to show a bit of interest in my tank again, but I just pick him up when I see this (so he doesn't jump up) and he will stare at them until Merlin comes right up to the glass and flares at him, then Renji leaps out of my arms, which I find hilarious!
Old 06-26-2013, 01:22 AM   #44 
dramaqueen
Banned

Lol. Renji sounds cute.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #45 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Lol. Renji sounds cute.
He is! Renji's a brownish-gray tiger striped cat with several white markings including white on his chest, paws, stomach, and tail tip!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #46 
BettaLover1313

Came home from work to find that Merlin went berserk in making his bubble nest, it's huge! Dragoon, meanwhile, has let his go away. Both seem happy though, Merlin is guarding his nest, and Dragoon is zipping about happily.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:49 AM   #47 
dramaqueen
Banned

Oh, well, Dragoon willnprobably build another one later. They both sound so cute and full of personality.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #48 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Oh, well, Dragoon willnprobably build another one later. They both sound so cute and full of personality.
I'm sure he will, he seems to do it in spurts, unlike Merlin who just likes making them and letting me know that he would have preferred a female to a male companion XD.

I was very lucky to find Dragoon, who's such a laid-back fish (granted, I did see him bopping against his barrier when I went to see them for a little bit) I couldn't tell if it was just his excitement or if he was curious about the red shaped thing he could see through the barrier! He's always full of energy now, and just a very happy-go-lucky type of fish.

Merlin, on the other hand, is more aggressive, which is why I'm thankful Dragoon is more laid back. I think if I'd gotten a fish that would flare back at Merlin all the time, I would have had to re-home that fish simply because I want both fish to be happy and not stressed out, which is what I have. Merlin is also a bit more high-strung and you can startle him pretty easily if he's asleep, and he'll be very unhappy about it if you do (my mom did this to him one night and he was not a happy betta). She told me he darted around his side of the tank, flared at her, and when I came in, he was more, for lack of a better word, clamped than usual, but he was back to being his usual, showy self the next morning.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:09 PM   #49 
dramaqueen
Banned

Males that are housed next to each other eventually get used to each other and stop flaring at each other. My boys never flared at each other after living next to each other for awhile.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:03 PM   #50 
BettaLover1313

Merlin flared quite a bit at Dragoon originally, and Dragoon only flared back a couple times. Merlin's so aggressive towards his shadow that I was so worried that he wouldn't get along well with a male that was as aggressive as he was, especially if neither could settle down.