Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-13-2009, 01:22 PM   #11 
lookame

Well after the night the now named Alexander the great betta has calmed down. He's not flareing as much and isn't charging as much either, he even sometimes swims along with the mollies. The mollies also aren't as active and arent darting around as much which probly helps. Alexander does get territorial still and will flare very large if he's just next to a plant, then he charges a little just to prove he's still boss. I'm still worried as I don't want Alexander to feel threatened so I'm thinking I'll exchange the mollies. Are neon tetras good? I feel they may be to small and pretty for Alexanders liking. Any other fish that would make Alexander the great content?
lookame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:25 PM   #12 
lookame

Oh and I don't have pictures of Alexander yet, but he's really pretty. He's mostly silver with a lot of light shimmery blues on his fins and his body has a little light shimmery purple on the back of his body and the white is towards the front with a few small spots of purple and blue
lookame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #13 
Rohland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
A foot long Molly...? Are you sure its a molly? I've never heard of any getting over 4"-5"
im pretty sure Jupiter was refering to the pleco. not the molly lol
Rohland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:11 PM   #14 
DragonFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohland View Post
im pretty sure Jupiter was refering to the pleco. not the molly lol
...That would make a lot more sense thanks for pointing that out. Though a foot long molly would be kinda cool....

I hear a lot of people keeping neon tetras with their betta without issue, personally I haven't kept much with my bettas so I wouldn't know from experiance.....I'm not much of a tetra fan. Probably a school of 5-6 would work....but always keep an eye out and watch for aggression/nipping/stress

Alexander sounds gorgeous though I can't wait to see pics.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:26 PM   #15 
Jupiter

Yeah sorry. I meant the Pleco, lol. ;)
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote