Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #1 
Ilikebutterflies

Younger store betta

I have always looked in the betta cups at whatever store I'm at but it seems like the betta are getting younger and younger. I know PetCo does the babies but I'm seeing lots tiny fish in other stores. I was in my local Pet Supermarket and many of them were barely an inch! Is it just me??!
Ilikebutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I've noticed the same thing, smaller and emaciated. I went to my LFS and I saw they had these tiny Neons that weren't even half an inch yet! They are barely out of fryhood! I was talking with the owner and she was disgusted about it, she was saying that she never would have got them if she knew they were that small! But yes then I saw all the Betta's at my Petco/Petsmart and they are super young, like just matured. It's really sad to know that they're being sold so young and probably won't even have a good life either. Especially if they were "power" grown which would shorten their lives anyway

It's so sad
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #3 
OrangeAugust

No, the females at Petsmart are always sooooo tiny. They're like babies themselves.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #4 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

They didn't used to be like that Orange, a few months ago to last year they were much bigger and healthier looking because they weren't power grown or anything like that. They literally are being sold at younger ages.
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote