Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #1 
Firsttimebettakeeper457

Betta fins split?!?!

Hello Im new to betta keeping and the website so here it goes:

When I was checking on my betta I noticed some splits in his tail. One is really long and halfway to his body the other is small only half an inch . He is active and eats normally. He has a filtered tank and I cleaned it yesturday and added 7 drops of BettaSafe. He`s currently in a 1.5 Gallon (Horrible I know but I dont have the money/space to upgrade it to a 5 gallon yet). I cleaned it 50% last night and I`m going to do a 25% on Saturday. The filter is nice and doesnt create a current for him. I think he may have split his fins on his plastic plant so I took it out. Was that a smart move? His tempeture also is a steady 80 Degrees and not near a window. I live in a place where it gets hot. Even with with AC so no need for a heater (I think). So I would like some help to see if it really was the plant. Hes a veiltail betta and I`ve had him since May. I would really like some help please. The bottom of his fins look like they`ve been chewed but their not black or white so I dont think its Fin rot but it could be. Im new to betta`s so yea..I would like some help please (I would upload a picture except I dont know how :/) Oh and Last night I added some aquarium salt so it would be cleaner. Do I need to get any medication for his fins? And he was completely normal when I left to run an errand. When I came back and fed him a Freeze-dried bloodworm (His treat) Left him alone for 5 minutes then coming back into the room and noticing the small spilt. The big one came later Tonight.

Last edited by Firsttimebettakeeper457; 06-27-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Firsttimebettakeeper457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:32 AM   #2 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

Can you get a picture? It would help a lot!
XxxXnoodleXxxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #3 
Firsttimebettakeeper457

Pictures

I have some in my album if you want to check it out...
Old 06-29-2013, 06:56 PM   #4 
Firsttimebettakeeper457

He`s doing better! :) I clean half of his tank and add stress coat and its been healing up nicely! :D