Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #1 
jadaBlu

Would you agree that red females tend to be Alpha in a sorority?

I read this today:

Also keep in mind your color selection. I've found that in unrelated female community tanks, if you have a red female, nine times out of ten she will be your Alpha. Reds are just more radiantly aggressive than other colors. Except in rare instances, opaque or light-colored females will be lower on the totem pole (this does not apply to cambodian red females, who can be just as aggressive as solid reds). Of course, like all rules there are exceptions, and one should by no means take this as gospel law -- just as a guideline.

http://www.bettysplendens.com/articl...articleid=1097

While she is clear it's not a fact. I three reddish fish or they may be reddish-orange. Plus cambodians. What do you think about this?
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:29 PM   #2 
Seki

Hm... well my red female ended up as the alpha of my tank. She has been chasing my poor chocolate girl (I think she's chocolate... I dunno) all over the place. She seems to have singled her out for her aggression, although she'll give a bit of a flare if one of the other girls is where she wants to be.

My red cambodian is so mellow it's not even funny. NOTHING sets her off. And she won't let the red girl bully her, either. She just flat-out doesn't care.

We'll see what happens in a few weeks when I introduce my new blue crowntail I just got from petsmart. That article also notes that crowntails are known for aggression, so we'll see if that's true hahaha.
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote