Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-30-2013, 10:12 PM   #1 
Skyr

The usual tale.. Came home with two new betta.

Well Friday I had to get a new filter because the one on my 10gal. stopped working, had only glanced at the Betta because I stopped in before work. Returned yesterday to return the filter that wasn't working (it was faintly working so left it on until I could swap them) and got a better look at them and they had them on sale.

I'd found the blue one I'd seen on Friday and my mom made a comment I should get him before he dies or is gone. Rather surprised because I didn't think she wanted me to get any more, and because I didn't have anywhere to put him. Thinking maybe I'd split the 5gal. I decided to do so.

This is the blue boy I got.. I'm thinking of being corny and naming him Doctor.. But still thinking for names.

I have fed them today before I took photos. However, I hadn't noticed that bump until seeing the photos.. It has me concerned, I'm not certain about it.. he had poop in his cup when I got him, but he hasn't yet today.. and he still has the same chub from eating.. wondering maybe he is constipated??

He has pinholes in his fins too, so will be hoping just clean water will help with that before any salt treatment.

As for the second, he was the smallest they had, and right in the back. He had a white body at the time and red and blue fins. I was hoping he'd keep the colouring but his body has steadily been getting redder since yesterday. I saw him and couldn'lt decide on one or the other... I go look at fish tanks, and they have a 10gal. kit for $20 - sold out, but they price matched another kit to $20 for me and I picked up a divider.

So I got both. Here he is.. I still don't have any ideas for his name.

He's growing to have quite the personality though, 'talking' at me when he sees me. Both are in 1gal. quarantine containers at the moment, and will be for the two weeks. Especially now that I had noticed that bump.. I would like more experienced oppinions please..

And some name ideas...
Skyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:23 AM   #2 
jona31

call the blue one either
Unabara=Ocean in japanese
Oki= High seas in japanese
Anko= peace and tranquility in japanese

And the red one
Shageki=Fire in japanese
jona31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:53 AM   #3 
keepsmiling

Very pretty! I like the name suggestion Oki. Torchy would be a cute name for the crowntail. Good luck with them.
keepsmiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #4 
Skyr

Hehe thanks. They are both crown tail only the blue wouldn't stop moving for pictures. He kept 'running' from me.
Skyr is offline   Reply With Quote