Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #1 
Jupiter

Update one my girls...

So we left off with Aigis being a bully but setteling down somewhat.

Now a few days after, things are going well! Aigis has so much personality, she's the first to swim up to the tank when I get home from school and pushes the other girls out of the way when they come so she can always stay in sight of me. And when I put my finger in, she swims right over and nips without hesitation. That'll show me who's boss!

She's calmed down a lot. She's the dominant girl, but now i see both Bambi and Lolita swimming quite easily around her. Sometimes she'll still chase them if they make the mistake of getting to close to her food..! Thankfully, none of my girls are picky.

Bambi is still a bit skittish, but she doesn't have her stress stripes like she did before. Lolita's SBD seems to be better too.

The Dwarf Hairgrass I put in one of the pots is proving to be a big hit with the girls. They take turns sleeping in it (except Aigis, who seems to favour sleeping by the heater).

Gloria (I FINALLY chose after doing a coin flip, the other name being Olive) still lounges around by the bottom, though I've noticed she swims a little oddly. She swims very vertically, head up. Should I be concerned about that? She's lost her stress stripes, though, and is now a very nice green colour with greenish/blue fringing her fins.

SOI thought all was going well until I came back from painting class just now and discovered Bambi's tail fin! It's been ripped! I don't know, Aigis has been so mild lately...but I don't have any plastic plants or anything, either.

Tomorrow I'll have to go get some salt...urgh...hopefully it's no more than $5 because that's all I have.

Last edited by Jupiter; 09-16-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:39 PM   #2 
Rohland

atleast that have all settled down. im excited for my 10 gal. sorrority. I feel bad because my males and corys would be in the basement and my sorrority would be in my room. maybe ill have to switch it around. :)
Rohland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:00 AM   #3 
Jupiter

Okay, erm...more odd behaviour coming from Gloria. She was sleeping in the pot when Aigis swam over and she suddenly came out and chased her. And then she retreated back towards the hairgrass and when Aigis swam over again, same thing.

Weird how my mellowest girl is suddenly quite aggressive against Aigis.

EDIT: Same thing just happened with Lolita..she swam over the pot, Gloria came out to scare her off. I guess she's marking it as hers. So the tears on Bambi's fins could have quite possibly come from venturing to close to 'Gloria's pot...

Last edited by Jupiter; 09-17-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:13 AM   #4 
doggyhog

Hmm... If there are no serious injuries, I wouldn't worry too much. Salt is about 1.00 at walmart. :)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #5 
Jupiter

Well, today I came home with some Bettafix and found that Lolita and Aigis have nipped tail fins too. Aigis' is barely noticable, but Lolita's is...and her tail was just starting to heal. :/

Dunoo why Gloria has suddenly gone crazy...but I'll seperate her if things get worse tomorrow.

EDIT: Do have some good news though...post to come!