Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #151 
Saphira101

Hey guys. I just wanted to give you a heads-up that I probably won't be RP-ing for a while, as a friend from across the country is visiting me for the week.
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:22 PM   #152 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Aww...
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #153 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
~~~Albert~~~
Finally, the parrotlet stirs."What happened...?" she says dazed. I stare at her.I can't help it! All that blood... makes me feel woozy. I turn away. A crow seems to be tending to her, and I watch curiously.
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #154 
bettalover2000

(sorry I've been away)
--Rupert--
Mist is awake!!! "MIST it's me! Rupert!" "Rubby?" she asks weakly. That's what she used to call me. "What the buzzard happened to you! You're just as pretty as ever, though." I say. "Gee, thanks. It was the Wrath of Redwood again. I've told you about them, right?" she replies. Another bird flies up and asks me if I've seen a diamond dove. nooooo.....I don't think so. "I hope you find whomever you're looking for, but I can't say I have."
bettalover2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:18 AM   #155 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2000 View Post
(sorry I've been away)
--Rupert--
Mist is awake!!! "MIST it's me! Rupert!" "Rubby?" she asks weakly. That's what she used to call me. "What the buzzard happened to you! You're just as pretty as ever, though." I say. "Gee, thanks. It was the Wrath of Redwood again. I've told you about them, right?" she replies. Another bird flies up and asks me if I've seen a diamond dove. nooooo.....I don't think so. "I hope you find whomever you're looking for, but I can't say I have."
~Mist~

I feel dizzy now. dizzy, tired, and feverish... I've lost so much blood. I struggle to get up, but fail. What's wrong with me? I can't even stand up. Could it be what I fear it is? I puff my feathers up weakly for a few seconds, which is the sign for parrotlets and a few other birds meaning "I'm not feeling well." I know all the symptoms haven't shown yet, but could it be Coccidia, a deadly, but common bird disease?
Old 07-02-2013, 02:24 AM   #156 
Saphira101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Leaf View Post
~Mist~

I feel dizzy now. dizzy, tired, and feverish... I've lost so much blood. I struggle to get up, but fail. What's wrong with me? I can't even stand up. Could it be what I fear it is? I puff my feathers up weakly for a few seconds, which is the sign for parrotlets and a few other birds meaning "I'm not feeling well." I know all the symptoms haven't shown yet, but could it be Coccidia, a deadly, but common bird disease?
Mist voiced her thoughts about coccidiosis to me.
"It could be..." I said. I quizzed her on the symptoms the was experiencing, and got a positive answer for each question. Darn it. I remembered what I had read about the disease, and took a moment to think about it. Coccidiosis is caused by the internal parasites coccidia, when they multiply too rapidly in the intestines. The only cure is a coccidiosat, commonly manufactured by humans for livesock. If I could just get my claws on some...

I suddenly flew from the tree, gliding miles and miles, looking desperately for a farm store. At last, I was rewarded with a large building, with a sign reading "The Country Store". I waited until a human came along and the automatic doors slid open. I flew inside just as the human looked up. I read the signs above the isles until I found the livestock medications section. It was a good thing I could read. I perched on the edge of the shelf, glaring at the many bottles and jars of disgusting fluid. At last I saw what I was looking for. A jar labeled Corid 9.6%. It was a coccidiostat manufactured for cows, but it would do. I picked up the jar, and as a second thought also plucked a syringe form a large box. The humans were coming now, screaming at the top of their lungs. One of them even had a broom. I scoffed at their stupdity, then launched myself from the shelf, medicine and syringe in claw. I soared out the door past a disbelieving human, then flew back to the tree. I set the medicine carefully on a large branch, and flew to Mist.
"I have the medicine." I said proudly.
"What?" She was disbelieving.
"We can start treatment tomorrow morning." I left her gawking, and alighted next to the medicine bottle. I finally took a moment to read the label, which said to administer 9.5 cubic centimeters per gallon of drinking water.Per gallon. How was I supposed to measure gallons?? A thought suddenly came to me. I flew over to the other birds, and said: "I need you to search every garbage can in the city until you find a one gallon water jug. Mist's life may depend on it!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quick note: My chicken flock came down with coccidiosis last spring. I had to use the medication written above, and they recovered. I seized this opportunity to let out a bit of my nerdiness on the subject! Lol.
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:53 AM   #157 
keepsmiling

May I ask, what is an RP? And why is it so sad and negative? I keep birds, so much of this is disturbing to me, though I did not read through all the pages.
keepsmiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:17 AM   #158 
Little Leaf

RP is short for Role Play. and the reason why it's so sad is cause it adds more drama. I keep a budgie myself- but I don't find it disturbing, I find it... fantastical... kinda. This is an RP! We can bend the rules if we want to- I mean the rules of real bird life.

Oh- and one quick note about the rp: I knew someone with a budgie named Apple that died from severe Coccidia. :'(

Last edited by Little Leaf; 07-02-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #159 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepsmiling View Post
May I ask, what is an RP? And why is it so sad and negative? I keep birds, so much of this is disturbing to me, though I did not read through all the pages.
It never occured to me that this could be disturbing to other roleplayers, I'm really sorry we freaked you out. Maybe it would be a better idea to stop the roleplay? Though I guess that is up to a moderator to do that.
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #160 
bettalover2000

I think it's okay, but we really aren't getting anywhere, what was the plot of this RP in the beginning? lol : P
bettalover2000 is offline   Reply With Quote