Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #1 
invincible4372

Hello from Philly!

Good evening from Philadelphia!
I was a bit hesitant to post things on a forum like this, for it's my first time.
I bought my two bettas, Itchy (red male) and Scratchy (blue male) last Sunday. Since I don't know their birthdays, maybe I'll use that date (June 23). I got their names from the Simpsons; the unusually violent TV show in the animated series. I named them that way because male bettas don't necessarily like each other, just like the two characters.
I"m not very experienced when it comes to fishes. Back home in Maryland, I have a 16 year old doggy and a 5 year old cat with a bossy attitude. So far, I'm having a lot of fun with them.
Enough about me! Itchy, the red betta is the one that flares the most. Especially at his own reflection. It's often extremely funny to watch him flare, because he does this little dance (he shakes his behind a lot :D). He sometimes stares at the general direction his brother (not biologically related), Scratchy is at. Which concerns me. And depending on what mood Itchy is in, he flares at Scratchy. He's easily frightened by my hand/finger unless I'm dropping in pellets. If my hand is still there, he no likey.
Scratchy on the other hand is very calm (compared to Itchy) and is very curious. He likes to stare at me a lot which is adorable. I recently gave him a hoop to swim through which I got from a gallon water jug. I don't know if the plastic is safe, but it's clean. He sometimes goes halfway through then falls asleep. If my hand is near the water, he slightly bites me. Which I find cute. I try not to do it as much as possible so I don't frighten him. If I put my finger on his tank, not tap, he stares at it and slightly tries to follow it.

Anyway, they're both adorable. They're currently sick, but they eat very well and they swim around and stares at things. I hope they get better soon.

To end, I hope I make a lot of friends here. My boyfriend raises the children with me, but he's too busy to be as attentive as I am (maybe obsessive?! o.O) I want to meet betta enthusiasts here and I hope to learn a lot.

Thank you!
invincible4372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:30 AM   #2 
whatsupyall

Welcome! This is a friendly forum :) Someone will give help soon, do not worry.
whatsupyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #3 
sunlight

Welcome!!!!
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #4 
invincible4372

Thank you all! :)
invincible4372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:35 AM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned