Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-19-2009, 11:15 AM   #1 
jemma21

Question oxygenating tablets

has anyone ever used these? i am wanting to get an airstone but i cant afford the pump that goes with it and i only have a 2.3 gallon tank so think it might be a bit to powerful!

if anyone has used them what do you think of them and are they safe. it says on the back of the packet to add 2 tablets to every 1 gallon of water.

TIA
jemma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:13 PM   #2 
Kim

I've never tried them but I also don't use airstones on any of my tanks either. Bettas can breathe from the air due to the slow moving, warm water of their natural habitat, so it isn't necessary but the biggest reason for me is the noise factor because my tanks are in my room.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:24 PM   #3 
Jupiter

I don`t use anything, i`m afraid that it creates a strong current. I`ve never heard of those tablets though, sorry. I don`t think it would be necessary, though.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:33 PM   #4 
kelly528

The tablets sound like a gimmick. Airstones will send your betta into a frenzy. They're too bubbly and stressful. What you want is a REALLY dinky air pump (should cost you 15 bucks max), a gang valve (maybe 3?) and a sponge filter (a cheap one. You can even make your own). Sponge filters are as good as you can get for bettas, and also really cheap. Its sponge or bust, man.
kelly528 is offline   Reply With Quote