Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #11 
mybabyjets

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntaillove3 View Post
Would you want to get two platies? Most of them are great with bettas, but they aren't cleaner fish. They poop like crazy, actually. The minimum is 10 gallons, but I think you will be okay as long as you keep up with the water changes.

LOL I posted at the same time as LTB.
yes that it quite funny :) and how often should i change the 7gallon with 2 platies and how much?
mybabyjets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #12 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabyjets View Post
why would i need 4 or more? i have 1 pleco in my 20gallon and hes just fine...and i think ill do the snail thing...why only 2, whats bad about a mini cycle? and any other fish besides guppys/platies ??
It's because all other cleaner's need to be in a group to feel safe. (shoals) If they weren't in shoals, they'll be skittish and all those other bad things. They are all social fish. Is it a bristlenose or a clown? Plecos seem to go both ways. If a mini-cycle happens, an ammonia spike could happen which could possibly stress out your fish.

And I don't think so. The choice is pretty limited in a small tank.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #13 
mybabyjets

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
It's because all other cleaner's need to be in a group to feel safe. (shoals) If they weren't in shoals, they'll be skittish and all those other bad things. They are all social fish. Is it a bristlenose or a clown? Plecos seem to go both ways. If a mini-cycle happens, an ammonia spike could happen which could possibly stress out your fish.

And I don't think so. The choice is pretty limited in a small tank.
dont know what type of pleco, got him at walmart if that helps? and okay..i think ill get 3 guppys..but why do they have to be female guppys? i only have like males at my petsmart, petco, walmart..
Old 07-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #14 
mybabyjets

another q...i feed my 2 bettas 2 times a day, all week, i dont fast them...is that bad, am i hurting them?? i give the full grown one 4-5 Aqueon pellets and the smaller one 3-4 pellets, and i do this 2 a day, but sometimes they wont eat at night..
Old 07-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #15 
Laki

Male guppies with females would breed like crazy. I don;t know if multiple males can live together?? I know guppies are social.

Are you open to having a female betta sorority?

Cory species live in shoals containing thousands of individuals in the wild. They're remarkable. They like to be together. Pleco's are fine on their own.

eta- you're over feeding your bettas. They will be fine with the 4-5 aqueon OR the 3-4 other pellets once a day. Or you can feed them twice a day but way less food. Not fasting them once a week doesn't hurt them per se but it's not allowing their bellies/systems to clear out.

Last edited by Laki; 07-02-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #16 
mybabyjets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Male guppies with females would breed like crazy. I don;t know if multiple males can live together?? I know guppies are social.

Are you open to having a female betta sorority?

Cory species live in shoals containing thousands of individuals in the wild. They're remarkable. They like to be together. Pleco's are fine on their own.

eta- you're over feeding your bettas. They will be fine with the 4-5 aqueon OR the 3-4 other pellets once a day. Or you can feed them twice a day but way less food. Not fasting them once a week doesn't hurt them per se but it's not allowing their bellies/systems to clear out.
i am open to female betta sorority in my new tank but its a 7gallon and i was told i cant with that..i could have 3 corys? or platies or guppys? and no i would only have 3males or 3 females, i would not have a male and female..and ill give my bettas 4pellets a day now, thank you for the info..
Old 07-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #17 
mybabyjets

and i want to get life plants, which ones would work?
Old 07-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #18 
Laki

There are tonnes of low light plants that could work. Check the planted tanks section on care and types. I keep/grow anacharis, java fern, java moss, salvinia, hornwort, anubias, marimo moss, water wisteria and Asian ambulia. All of these plants are doing fine with a low watt 2700k light.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #19 
mybabyjets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
There are tonnes of low light plants that could work. Check the planted tanks section on care and types. I keep/grow anacharis, java fern, java moss, salvinia, hornwort, anubias, marimo moss, water wisteria and Asian ambulia. All of these plants are doing fine with a low watt 2700k light.
should i even attempt a betta sorority in my 7gallon?
Old 07-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #20 
Janan

You can go to AqAdvisor and put in the dimensions of your aquarium and it will calculate gallons for you. You can also put in the type of fish you want to put in there and it will calculate and advise you.
Janan is offline   Reply With Quote