Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #1351 
jlllm

I have 20 gallons but it's high.
jlllm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #1352 
NeptunesMom

I was at work today getting my new tank and substrate and I saw an ADF missing a foot. He was also covered in a white tattered like material. At first I thought it was a fungus, but then I decided he might be molting. I have a few questions 1) How can I tell if he's molting or if it's a fungus? 2) How would you treat him?
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #1353 
Chesh

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry. . . I haven't really been on much lately - completely missed your question NM! Is he okay??!
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:26 PM   #1354 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesh View Post
Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry. . . I haven't really been on much lately - completely missed your question NM! Is he okay??!
I went to get him later that day, and he was gone. I asked if he was sold, and no one in pet care knew what happened to him. They didn't even know there was any ADF's in the tank at the time. We looked around the tank for him, but couldn't find him. I have no idea what happened to him. It was very strange, but I can only hope that somehow he found his way into a loving home.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:53 PM   #1355 
Chesh

Poor thing! I hope he was okay. It could have been a shed - the two look very different, but that does happen... a bit will get 'stuck' for a bit until they chomp it off. :) I hope he did, too!
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:53 PM   #1356 
djembekah

so Bekah's back with a new ADF. She's living in my 5.5 with my halfmoon Asher. Ash definitely seems to ignore her (just guessing female because she's chunky and i haven't noticed a pimply gland!). Lucy begged and begged for ages for a new frog, so i gave in!

First thing I've tried feeding her is a shrimp pellet. I know it's not really the best option, but I thought it'd be worth a try. She still seems scared of my hand. Next time I feed, I'll be digging out the frozen brine shrimp and attempt to target feed with an eyedropper... but bloodworms and frog and tadpole bites are really the best option right? should i pick that up next time i get paid?
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #1357 
LittleWatty

Hey Bekah! Congrats on the new frog! :D

Shrimp should be totally fine. That's what I've been feeding mine for the past few weeks, now that they're in the big tank. Bloodworms, like with feeding bettas, are really best as just a treat since there isn't much nutritional value. If you can get her onto the pellets, that'd be great! But it doesn't hurt to mix up the food that you're giving her once and a while.
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #1358 
djembekah

Thanks! I will try picking up the actual frog bites soon too. I'm just nervous about her, since the other died a week after getting him. hopefully she takes to food soon!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #1359 
NeptunesMom

The only thing my Beatrix will eat is frozen bloodworms, frozen glassworms and frozen brine shrimp. Her fav is the bloodworms, but she'll eat the others to "humor me".
Old 08-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #1360 
djembekah

They're funny little guys for sure!!
Posted via Mobile Device