Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #11 
HeadlessLegoMom

Welcome. I was going to suggest Zeus, but I think that Cetus suits him just fine.
HeadlessLegoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #12 
HeadlessLegoMom

I got my fish Thursday and he wouldn't eat either of the types of pellets I tried to feed him, but he LOVES the frozen bloodworms. They are fun to feed because you can dangle them just above the water and he'll come snatch it from you. (or in my case, off of the straw) I have heard a lot of people say that the freeze dried ones lose their nutrients in the process, so frozen are better because they are packed with protein.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #13 
KirbyTSnail

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessLegoMom View Post
Welcome. I was going to suggest Zeus, but I think that Cetus suits him just fine.
KirbyTSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #14 
KirbyTSnail

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessLegoMom View Post
I got my fish Thursday and he wouldn't eat either of the types of pellets I tried to feed him, but he LOVES the frozen bloodworms. They are fun to feed because you can dangle them just above the water and he'll come snatch it from you. (or in my case, off of the straw) I have heard a lot of people say that the freeze dried ones lose their nutrients in the process, so frozen are better because they are packed with protein.
What did you end up naming your fish? yeah I've heard that too. I've tried to get Cetus to eat his flakes but he's only had a few so far and doesn't seem that interested. I suppose he's not that hungry. Anyways, thanks for your input!
Old 07-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #15 
RussellTheShihTzu
Reference Team

Until you get a good quality pelleted food, feed him one flake. If he spits it out, remove flake from tank. Try again six or so hours later. Keep this up until he eats.

Do not offer him frozen bloodworms or freeze dried until he eats his pelleted/flaked food and then wait a month to do that. It's like giving kids desert after they've refused to eat their dinner. Bloodworms should only be given as treats and not be a Betta's staple diet.

You could also ask the place where you bought hiim what they fed. If it was frozen bloodworms, that's probably why he's not eating.

Survival is what an animal's world is all about. They won't starve themselves to death. It's a waiting game.
RussellTheShihTzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:54 AM   #16 
HeadlessLegoMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyTSnail View Post
What did you end up naming your fish? yeah I've heard that too. I've tried to get Cetus to eat his flakes but he's only had a few so far and doesn't seem that interested. I suppose he's not that hungry. Anyways, thanks for your input!
My daughter named him Buttercup
Old 07-05-2013, 05:39 AM   #17 
Asira

He is a very nice HM, it looks like he has some crowntail or rosetail influences. I would call his color cambodian butterfly with a little royal blue.
Asira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #18 
Lynzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyTSnail View Post
Thanks for your advice and help, and might I say that you have a gorgeous betta! I decided on Cetus. Cetus was a sea monster in Greek mythology. I thought it would be ironic considering my guy is shy. anyways, thanks!

Thanks! We have fish that kind of look a little alike. And you picked a great name for him. Greek Mythology is always a good way to go. Although I've never heard of Cetus before. Anyway, no problem! You'll figure some things out about your Betta as you go along. Trial and error, but that's why we're here to help! Take care.
Lynzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #19 
KirbyTSnail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynzee View Post
Thanks! We have fish that kind of look a little alike. And you picked a great name for him. Greek Mythology is always a good way to go. Although I've never heard of Cetus before. Anyway, no problem! You'll figure some things out about your Betta as you go along. Trial and error, but that's why we're here to help! Take care.
Thank you! And thanks for your time and help!
Old 07-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #20 
KirbyTSnail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asira View Post
He is a very nice HM, it looks like he has some crowntail or rosetail influences. I would call his color cambodian butterfly with a little royal blue.
Thanks for your help! rosetail bettas are so gorgeous.

Tags
bloodworms, coloring, fin rot, food, water quality