Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-22-2009, 10:48 PM   #1 
Yuuki

The ick will NOT go away.

For some reason, I'm having an ick problem in my new 5 gallon tank. Sushi has gotten small ick outbreaks 3 times now. I've got as much aquarium salt as possible in the tank, it's filtered and heated to 82 degrees right now.

At the moment, he's just got one spot on one of his pectoral fins. When this spot falls off.... could I just immediately move him to another tank and treat this ick-infested one?

I've already set up his old 2.5 gallon in hopes that this will work. I really don't want to expose him to anymore medicine, nor do I want him getting infected with this mess again.
Yuuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:08 AM   #2 
Yuuki

I seriously need some help guys. D;

I don't think this is ich anymore. His poor pectoral fins are being torn to shreds by whatever this is. It started out looking like ich, but the spots started lengthening down his fins and tearing them apart.

He's not acting like himself at all today. He's laying at the bottom of his tank, and sometimes hiding in his little tower; and he NEVER hides in there. I'd get a picture if I could, but it's impossible to take pictures of his transparent pectoral fins.

I gave him two salt baths yesterday, and I'm getting another one set up right now. But it hasn't improved him at all so far.
Yuuki is offline   Reply With Quote