Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #11 
Bailmint

Show us pics of the bettas when you get them! :D
Bailmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #12 
RussellTheShihTzu
Reference Team

Wal-Mart has an in-store only 10 gallon set up for around $30. You'd need a heater (get an adjustable one). You, your daughter and neices could build a divider and put both Bettas in the same tank (unless neices need separate tanks).

If I were to buy another five gallon, I'd avoid the Wal-Mart Hawkeye with LED lights and get this one:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hawkeye-5-...-Pets/14660258

Acrylic so you don't have to worry about glass breaking; lighter than glass for sitting on bedside tables and plenty of room. They could even add another fish or two later on after they get the hang of caring for their Bettas. Even a couple of African Dwarf Frogs.

Five gallons are a lot easier to take care of than smaller tanks and require fewer water changes. Plus, with this one's hood they can have live plants if they wish. Dimensions are 16.5 x 9.38 x 13.75 high. Is that too big?

Welcome to the forum!
RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:35 PM   #13 
Laureekris

Thank you all! You have given me some great ideas and things to think about! I will definitely post pictures of the fish when I get them. I went to the local pet stores, and I was disappointed with what I found. The girls have very specific colors that they want. One wants a pink/purple, one wants blue/green, and my daughter wants yellow...specifically males because they have " those big pretty fins"! A friends father in law just closed his pet store that was mainly geared towards fish. He still goes to Atlanta to hand pick fish that his customers want. I told him what I want, and he said that it would not be a problem getting them. He is going next Tuesday, and I want to have the tanks ready. I am so excited. My nieces don't know that they are getting them, and I am going to be the best aunt ever at their birthday party...lol!!!
Laureekris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #14 
darkangel

I have the marineland 2.5 gallon from petsmart, they cost $16 and is a good basic tank if you don't want anything fancy.

The best tank I heard of is the 2.5 gallon Minibow, which comes with a light and filter. They are expensive though, around $50 each but one of the best tanks out there.
darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote