Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #1 
NeptunesMom

Snail Egg Clutch/Baby Snails For Free

I'm posting this here to see if anyone is interested in a small Mystery Snail egg clutch. I hatched out a large clutch not long ago, and I think hatching anymore would just be too much for my 10 g to handle. I hate to toss them if someone is interested. I have three snails total: black, ivory and blue. So by default you know you're getting at least two of those colors in there.

I'm offering the clutch for free, and we can talk about shipping for those who are interested. I do have three small clutches so you can take all three or only one. First come, first serve.

As for the baby snails. They are not quite ready to go yet. They are all still fairly small. There are a lot of them (probably around 70 at this point). I am hoping to ship them out once they get a bit bigger. I'm still not sure on the colors. But, I am "thinking" blue and black because they all seem variations of dark, however I did notice one yesterday that appeared almost light enough to be ivory so we shall see soon. Let me know if you are interested (including if you are interested only if a specific color is there) and we can talk about shipping. Again, the snails are free too. I just want them to find good homes.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:48 AM   #2 
Chard56

Is it thawed out up there yet? Ha ha! I lived in Bagley until I was 11 then lived in Jefferson for 6 years before moving to Branson in 1992. Where abouts in Iowa do you hail from? I'd love to have the clutches just let me know how to hatch them and what it would be to ship them to 72601. I got some apple snails and they are bigger than golfballs now and still no babies. I have 20 tanks with mostly Betta and Guppy fry that I wanted a snail or two in each but that's not working out so far. Thanks, Richard
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #3 
mybabyjets

ill take some, if chard will let me have one clutch
mybabyjets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #4 
Chard56

I'm not greedy. I only want one so someone else can have some too.
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #5 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chard56 View Post
Is it thawed out up there yet? Ha ha! I lived in Bagley until I was 11 then lived in Jefferson for 6 years before moving to Branson in 1992. Where abouts in Iowa do you hail from? I'd love to have the clutches just let me know how to hatch them and what it would be to ship them to 72601. I got some apple snails and they are bigger than golfballs now and still no babies. I have 20 tanks with mostly Betta and Guppy fry that I wanted a snail or two in each but that's not working out so far. Thanks, Richard
I live in Urbandale (the part that used to be country, but is now smack dab in the middle of the city), but my family does business up in Jefferson and my boyfriends mom has a dear friend who lives there. It's way thawed out, it's 100 degrees today. I just realized you live in Harrison, we knew pony people who lived in Harrison in the 90's. I think they moved to Texas though.

Alright, I've found homes for all the clutches. . Whew! I'll find out shipping for you Chard and mybabyjets an PM you both with that.

I have had interest in snails too, but like I said I have about 70 of them so if anyone else wants to PM me feel free.

Last edited by NeptunesMom; 07-06-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #6 
mybabyjets

how many snails does one clutch hold, and how many snails could i put in my 7gallon with 1betta and 3male guppies and 4 live plants (the plants are just starting to grow, i put them in like 3 days ago)
Old 07-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #7 
mybabyjets

and another, could i get some of the baby snails too..just like 5 if i could with my clutch?
Old 07-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #8 
NeptunesMom

mybabyjets: The clutches are pretty small. They only contain probably 10-15 snails. They may contain more, it's kind of hard to tell. The clutch I hatched out before was much larger. Actually, they might have 25-30 snails, because my other clutch was probably 3x the size of these.

I would be happy to throw in some baby snails. There are a lot of them. I was looking at my tank last night, and there might be more than 70. The baby snails still need a few more weeks though. They are fairly tiny, but I wanted to make sure that people who were interested could claim what they wanted and I had homes for them as soon as they're ready to go.

ETA: In a 7 g that is stocked with 4 fish, I would only put one snail. It's little overstocked with 4 fish and a snail, but since you have live plants I think it would be okay.

Last edited by NeptunesMom; 07-07-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #9 
Riverotter

I think what I've heard for mystery snails is 1.5G each.

But keep in mind, all such numbers are for an adult. You'll be able to put your tiny babies together for a few months and then you'll need to upgrade them. So long as you DO upgrade them when they need it, you'll be ok.

Be warned, inverts are addictive! We have a snail tank .. and a snail bowl, each with just a couple of mosquito fish for mosquito control ... and we're setting up another. Each with a different kind of snail. They are very soothing to watch, with their funny little faces.
Riverotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #10 
titolatino1970

ill take a clutch if theres any left
titolatino1970 is offline   Reply With Quote