Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #1 
resa

Exclamation baby-juvenile female ct with bulging eyes

I have never seen this before...get eyes are bulging.....the other females don't look like this....I had a expensive female die day before yesterday....the water was very cloudy suddenly after her death... I did a 100% water change....and cleaned decor in straight hot water.....

30g tank
plenty of fake plants and hiding spots
No visible fin damage (the deceased one did have lots of fin damage)

Did have horn wort plant in there but when I cleaned my tank I threw it away

using AQ salt
prime
tetra easy balance
tetra aquasafe

these are the chemicals I put in the tank...
umm obviously I'm using freshwater
ammonia is between 0 and .25
I'm out of the other test strips no way to get any right now

tank is clouding again

I didn't clean the filters on the hob but they did have dark colors on them but thought it was bb ....I'm still new.... I don't want to keep losing fish please tell me what to do
resa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #2 
resa

I will see if I can tryyyy to get a pic of my sick fish, which is hard to do bc she stays on the bottom hiding
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #3 
resa

best shots I could get
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #4 
resa

just thought I'd add a few pics of other fish. however if u notice the last pic in this post is the sick fish and I believe she may have some fins missing....as I've been takin pics I've noticed 2 of the oldest females in the tank have been aggressive to the sick fish and chasing my new hm female...the one that's hiding by the colorful cave..so I obviously have more than one problem please tell me what to do
I am seperating my sick fish from the sorority what do I do now.
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #5 
resa

I'm I just noticed she either had slight gray coloring on the under part of her belly or her scales are completely missing... I have a hm that's just wanting to float around the tank and has no visible damage please someone help me
Old 07-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #6 
resa

my hm died but my ct is still going
Old 07-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #7 
darkangel

bulging eyes is probably popeye.

Quarantine her, You can try treating with 1/2 tsp of epsom salt per gallon to see if she improves. If not I recommend you try using a broad anti-bacteria like jungles fungus clear which can be bought at walmart, it treats bacteria and fungus infections. Bump the temperature to 80F, it helps too.

there are some problems with your care though:

popeye is usually due to ammonia poisoning, your cleaning your filter regularly so your tank is probably not cycled. Cloudy water could be other indicator. How often do you change the tank water?

You have lots of fish, so your 30 gallon probably needs a 50% water change every week.

I would buy a test kit instead of using strips, they are not accurate at all. Try researching the nitrogen cycle on google. You can also read about it here. your tank is huge so its probably good to cycle it.
darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:26 AM   #8 
resa

I haven't cleaned the filters.... and I do frequent water changes and the ammonia isn't every that high it's usually on the normal